Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay, so I'm seeing that most posts don't use "vomit" or "barf" or whatever... they write v*. For nauseated they write n*.

Is there some guidelines to follow regarding this? I don't mean to be rude by using words I shouldn't.

Thanks!

Some people are sensitive to even the word v* or d* so we just * them out..

sv* = stomach virus
    v* = vomit
    d* = diarrhea

Some use it some dont, and mostly the ones that dont will warm you before it [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sometimes people also use n* for nauseous.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

yup, thankx Anya, my heads away with it lol[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hey Asher-

The rule is that if you feel comfortable using those words, by all means feel free. I make a point of using them, because I feel that using abbreviations can actually be more harmful, as it reinforces the idea that vomit is so horrible (which it isn't), that it can't even be spelled in it's entirety.

But that is my opinion- feel free to use what you feel comfortable with.

*amber*

I wouldnt exactly say it was a "rule", just personal choice as to what degree your emet is and what you think is right for yourself.

I use the abbreviations because I just can't seem to spell the words right! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Well for me personally I use them for other's sake, not my own. I have no problem reading/writing the words, although I do sometimes flinch at the V* word. Diarrhoea (sp!?)and nausea etcdon't bother me AT ALL!!

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!