Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: false positive?

Okay, I know you can get a false negative when taking an at home
    pregnanacy test. My question is can you get a false positive? I was
    late this month, but didn't really worry about it since my periods have
    not been regular a day in my life. I haven't had any breast
    tenderness which is one of the first things I noticed with my other
    pregnancies. Now I am feeling quite n* and light-headed, but I don't
    know if it's real or in my head.

I'm really feeling so many things right now. Jeremy and I had always
    considered having one more child....But I'm talking years from now. We
    were careful and took precautions. I've got my hands full with three
    kids ages 6,4 and almost 2. I don't know what to do/think/feel. My
    emotions have been all over the board today. First I cried and then I
    felt really calm and now anxiety has set in. Sorry about the rambling.

False positives are extremely rare. You can get evaporation lines which may look like a positive, but they don't show up until later - after the indicated time frame to read the test. So did you take a test and get a positive then? Every pregnancy can be different, so you may not experience the breast tenderness that you did in your other pregnancies, or maybe not until later. I understand what you mean about the mixed emotions. I still think I may be pregnant again, but so far the only test I took wasa negative. When I read that test, though, I was so nervous at first, actually hoping for a negative, but after I got the negative, I started thinking about how nice it might have been to have a positive. It's tough, but I really believe it all works out for the best. If you are meant to have another baby now, you will. If not, you won't. Whatever happens, you'll get through it. Good luck and keep us posted!

Yeah, the positive result showed up almost immediately so I'm guessing
    that it was right. Thanks for the supportive reply, sillygirl. I
    appreciate it.
    Edited by: sherbear

Congratulations! I can't believe how many pregnant emets are on the board right now. It makes me wish I was still one. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] Having babies really is a miracle. It makes all the misery we women go through each month worth it. I'm sure your emotions are also messed up right now from the hormones. Once it sinks in, you'll feel better about everything. I'm so excited for you! You'll make it work, I'm sure of it.

Congratulations! Sometimes these things are meant to be! The only thing I can think of that can cause a false positive is certain medications. If you are on any, you could call your pharmacist and ask. I'm guessing if the line showed up right away, it's pretty accurate.
    So many pregnant ladies on IES! It's making me want another one. We had planned to have another in 2-3 years, but I have been thinking of it more and more lately.
    Let us know how you are doing.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Aww, congratulations! Things always seem to work out how they are supposed to and you're already a great mommy!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Congratulations - it was obviously meant to happen!

I think false positives only happen on soap operas, lol. Congratulations! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

They can happen yes. Like someone said they are usually evaporation lines or something else. I had one that looked positive (just the faintest line). I took another it was negative and then went to the doctors, negative again.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

congrats and good luck !!!
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

Oh your pregnant...congratulations!! Be sure to join the pregnant forum...there are lots on there.

Amber

How are you doing??[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

with my 3rd kid I had taken a lot of pregnancy tests cause I was getting positive, false, false, positive. So, I went to the dr to see, and it came up negative there, he then did blood work, and said my blood work shows that I am, but I should come back in 48 hours and the numbers will have doubled if I am for sure. The doubled, so yes, it is very possible for that to happen!