Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

well, here I go again!!

I'm starting my workout plan again after loosing 20 lbs over the summer.. I stopped for a bit in late july august because it was getting too hot out.. but now that I'm at university I have a free air conditioned gym to take advantage of.

anyone who wants to join me, feel free! Its great motivation to do this with other people.. and I think the fact that you have to report back how you're doing keeps on a bit more on track.

SO!! here I go again!!

height : 4 foot 11 ( yes, Im a short gal)

weight now : about 110

goal weight : 100 even.

10 lbs by the end of 10 weeks is my goal. anyone else want to join in the fun? ( it really is fun!!)
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

It sounds like a good idea...but i would be too embarrassed to even tell you how much i weight!
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well, I am down to 155. I think a year ago I was almost 190 (thanks seroquel-f*** you!) My goal weight is 135. Oh, and I am 5'4"

I am currently on sugar/carb control dieting. I drink a lot of protein smoothies for my meals. I am enrolled in a yoga class, weight train 3-5x a week and do cardio at least 30 min. 5x a week.

I don't think I have the time to bump that up any, but I could probably squeeze out more calories if I really tried.

Good luck everyone!
    Edited by: shiva
    \"This too shall pass\"

I'm in! I started Weight Watchers last week! I was 161.2 then and I go in today! I think I lost at least 2 pounds! I'll let ya know! I want to be 130 by my wedding date: 7-7-07!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Mary I didn't know you were getting married! Congratulations!

Height: 5.5
    Weight: 135

I want to get down to 120 by the end of the year. Its a big drop but its a long time so I hope it works out.

height: 5'6"

weight: 275 [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

i want to get down to 140 by my wedding date, 9/27/08, so plenty of time, but i also have to keep the weight off. i'm starting a water fast this weekend to get the ball rolling.

Mmm.. I'm in.

5'6"
    150lbs

I want to get down to 125, I was 130 for a loooong time, and I just dont feel comfortable with my weight like this.

--Kim

Thanks, Hannah!

I forgot to say I am 5'4". Off to my Weight Watchers meeting I go.....I will report back!

just to add something.... even if you want to just eat better, or be more healthy.. then feel free to join along!!

yay! Im excited!

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I would like to try and eat better, my eating is atrocious, tho my weight is ok (for now!) but yeah I'm looking for healthyand not too hard recipies, I did make some home made bannana bread from scratch and it was really good. Its a start!

Yay! My first week of Weight Watchers I lost 2.6 pounds! My new weight is 158.6!

Just wanted to say, well done Mary! You'll make your goal weightfor your wedding I'm sure!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I have to watch what I eat because I just adore food so much. I eat healthily, but sometimes a little too much! I've managed to shed about 8 lbs this summer by walking our dog more often and for longer distances and by eating smaller portions of fattening foodsbut increasing the portions of low calorie foods so I don't feel hungry. I'm 5'7" and weigh around 129/130 lbs now, which I'm really happy with. I've been skinny in the past and just could not put weight on however hard I tried, and I hated it and the way my body looked. I really don't like the super-thin look favoured by a lot of celebrities, I prefer myself with a few curves and I bit of meat on me!

I was reading in a magazine the other week about 'negative calorie' foods and wondered if anybody else has heard of them. These are foods which contain such little calories the body supposedlyuses up more energy digesting them and absorbing the energy and nutrients, hencesome peoplebelieveif you eat these foods regularly they help speed your metabolism up. We know this is certainly true of celery iewe burnmore calories eating it than it gives us. From what I've read online more research has to be done into the other 'negative calorie' foods to say whether this is true for sure, but all the foods listed are healthy foods that we should be trying to eat regularly so it wouldn't hurt to try it out!

Here's alist:

Vegetables: carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, beets, cress, cucumber, chili peppers, fennel, aubergine, chicory, celery, endives, lettuce, cabbage, green beans, garlic, asparagus, turnip, spinach, radish, onions, leeks, zuccini, and bean sprouts.

Fruits: oranges, apples, apricots, strawberries, watermelon, raspberries, pineapple, peaches, blueberries, blackcurrants, blackberries, rhubarb, tangerines, manadarin oranges, guava, damsons, plums, clementines, papaya, cranberries, cantaloupe, grapefruit. honeydew melon, lemons, lime and mango, tomatoes.

If we use thesefoods as our main* snack foods instead of biscuits, chocolate, crisps etc and also make sure we eat a good portion of them with meals instead of extra helpings of (for example) potatoes and bread, this would help with weight loss.

* I say main as I think we should still have a few naughty foods even when we are tring to lose weight - I'm a big believer in not depriving yourself, it's perfectly ok to have deep fried foods now and again, or snack on chocolate, cake or biscuits on the odd occasion, just not everyday! I try and be good Monday-Friday and then allow myselfa bit of a splurgeat the weekend!

- Japanese proverb

My friend used to do a weightwatchers thing and every thursday after the meeting she would have a splurge. Not a lot maybe just a lil bit of "forbidden" food. She used to swear it made dieting the rest of the week and going to the meeting all worth it b/c she could have a little treat. She lost a fair bit of weight while on weightwatchers too.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I have been slacking! This past Monday I swore off all candy/junk food. I made it until Thursday and got myself a slurpee. I realize now I should just cut back instead of cutting out altogether! So anywho...I don't have a scale but I think I weight around 110 and would like to be about 105ish.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

OH MY GOD - what a good idea!! I am soooo in!!

I need to lose a LOT of weight!!

I weigh around 16 stone..thats about 224 pounds right? URGH - I feel huge! I would like to drop like 4/5 stone which is around 56/70 pounds!!

I am joining Slimming World on Tuesday and that is going to be my new start!! A newer, more independant, beautiful, slim, intelligent person!

Ill post every tuesday to tell you about my weight loss/gain..hopefully more losses than gains lol - and I'll post any helpful tips I get from the group. One thing I have learnt about is 'speed foods' - food like berries are huge speed foods which make your bodies lose weight faster! I think thats pretty cool! Off to the shop we go to get blueberries, blackberries and strawberries! You could even make them into a smoothie..so have like a speed smoothie every morning!

Congrats on your weight loss Mary..i am very proud!! Come on guys we can all do it!! We'll all be slim and healthy in no time!

Keep us posted everyone!

Jen x

PS. I know a great recipe for 0 fat chips/french fries! You need some 'Fry Lite'...its like squirtie oil but has almost none of the fat of regular oil. If you peel and chop your potatoes then par boil them in a pan until they are kinda soft. Then get your oven hot and cover a baking try in tin foil and cover it in Fry light...then put your chips/french fries onto the try and foil and cover them with Fry Light too..and add some black pepper and chives. Cook until golden brown..they are sooooo good!!

TcSarah, thanks for the congrats! It felt really good! I am not sure how well I will do this week as I went to a wedding last night and was not as good as I should be. But, I also ran three miles and walked three more yesterday morning, so I might be okay!

Hippychick, I do exactly the same as your friend! My Weight Watchers meeting is Thursday night, so after the meeting I have kind of a splurge and then start counting points again on Friday. It does make it easier!

Hedgehog, thanks for the congrats! I am trying to plan my day today, without going over my pointsand my fiance and I want to go out for pancakes this morning. I'm gonna have blueberry ones, since I read that they are "speed foods" from you! Thanks!

Good luck everyone and I willreport again next Thursday!

Mary

Well, since I got diagnosed with thyroid disease over the summer, a weekly weigh in is not reasonable for me because weight usually comes off more slowly than the general population for thyroid patients and is easier to gain. My doctor said that I cannot compare my weight loss efforts to others because they won't be the same, and I may get discouraged.

So, I am currently trying to lose weight, but I will only check in about once a month. That's when I check my weight. I also find it hard to look weekly because I never know if a pound or two is just some kind of water fluctuation.

Anyway, I have been tackling things with exercise and eating less.

im with you japa... while im away i wont have a scale... so i can only check when i go home.. which isnt a bad thing.. hopefully i'll see some numbers move this weekend while I'm home

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog
    PS. I know a great recipe for 0 fat chips/french fries! You need some 'Fry Lite'...its like squirtie oil but has almost none of the fat of regular oil. If you peel and chop your potatoes then par boil them in a pan until they are kinda soft. Then get your oven hot and cover a baking try in tin foil and cover it in Fry light...then put your chips/french fries onto the try and foil and cover them with Fry Light too..and add some black pepper and chives. Cook until golden brown..they are sooooo good!!

Jen I do a similar thing for healthy chips/fries. I cut potatoes up into big chunkywedges and then sprinkle with a little olive oil. I add mixed herbs and a little freshly ground black pepper and then bake in a hot oven - they are yummy!

I really recommend one of those spray bottles for oil. That way when you want to use oil you can use the tiniest amounts by giving the pan/food a quick spray.

- Japanese proverb

those are great recipies.. I just might have to try those!

anyone else with any healthy recipies/tips?

Hey i am in with this onetoo!! i am nearly 5'4 and always been the lil skinny one with the stomach abs.. well since my new meds i now wiegh nearly 130!! ugh.. thats INSANE for me.. i have never been like this and since i do some modeling deff makes me concious of it. For my agency i cant be any bigger than a size 4 OR MAYBE a 6 if your near 5'6 cuz ima petite model.. anyhoo.. i gotta get down to atleast 115ish
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

I have a question too.. does anyone know anything that would help curb my appetitie????

I saw this commercail.. dunno if anyone else has but its that lit and fit yogurt .. its a new craving control yogurt with oats or something in it?

I have been trying the slimfastoptimashakes but they dont work to curb my appetite even though they say they do up to four hours i even eat something with them and im still starving after an hour or two..

and my husband says drink tons of water and thats great advice and all but i have a hiatal hernia soooo if i drink too much water like oh even one whole glass it always feels like its gonna come back up so if i do drink water it has to be room temp and i have to sit up straight for about 20 mins until the feeling of v* it back up goes away! ugh.. what a wonderful life eh?
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

I dont think you need to go hungry.. don't deprive yourself of food.. just snack on good thing.. veggies are the best thing if water just isn't doing it for you.

I dont think we should have to make ourselves starve in order to get thin... just eat whats good!!

thats a good point its just it seems that the healthier foods dont fill me up as much and i have eat constently all the time!! and at work sometimes the healthiest stuff is not available

WWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Slimming World meeting last night. I joined 6 weeks ago but only went for 2 weeks because I just wasnt focused on it (had some crap going on in my life) but I decided that yesterday I would start it up again so I went....got on the scales and............................................... .......... .................................................. ....LOST 8 POUNDS!!! 8 WHOLE POUNDS!!! Man im so so excited!

New Weight: 15:8 1/2 instead of 16:2 1/2

That made me so happy! And I got my therapist coming this morning for the first time so im on the right track! Everything is going to be fine soon and this time next year when I go to uni I'll be slim, healthy and not afraid anymore...i cannot wait!!!!

Kristin - I do the Slimming World diet - it is a diet made up of red and green days, which are meat and pasta/potato days. Depending on which day you are on you can eat as much of the given foods on that day! Meaning you will never go hungry. For example - say you were on a green day, you can walk around eating pasta ALL day or those chips/fries I was talking about?

www.slimming-world.com

Give it a go! You'll be amazed how it works..I have a lady in my group who has lost an amazing 119 pounds! She truly is an inspiration to me!Good Luck!

Keep it up everyone!

Jen x

Hey,

Well, I'm trying not to get too upset that my goal weight is the same as Kristin's weight that she thinks is so overweight and we are the same height! I would LOVE to weigh 130! But, anyway....I think I lost at least another pound this week. I got on the scale this morning and it said 157. I am quite happy with that. We'll see how the Weight Watchers meeting goes tomorrow night.

Mary

Aww mary dont be upset its just new to me.. thats all i have always been like 105!! my whole life and now in the past two months this has happenedso its just shocking to me thats all.. i also model though i dont know how long that will be continueing.. its sad that the largest i can be is a size 4! but my self esteem is so low right now i am just afraid its going to continue to get worse and honestly i would rather just lose maybe a lil and turn everything else into muscle but i dont seem to have the motivation for that eithier.. so for someone like me who has always had rock hard abs and has been known for her stomach now cant fit into any of my clothes and has been told to me to lose the wieght or dont come back to the agency. I might not go back though cuz its not really right to feel bad about 130 lbs.. its hard when all my damn freinds are like 110...

I feel bad that i made u feel bad but then again i dont cuz all through high school i was sooooo badly made fun offor being too thin and it was horrible just as bad as the heavier ppl were made fun of and people dont think about that when they open thier mouths. People dont realize what others go through and its sad.. and how bad they have been scarred by it.

and also i dont think i am SO overwieght.. i just want some inches or off the stomach. I have come to terms with my thighs they will never go away now.. thanks mom! lol

ok im done now.. sorry! hehe

Good job everyone!!

I lost 4lbs this week. Down to 146. Woohoo!

--Kim

Don't worry about it, Kristin. Everyone is different, and I just need to be happy with who I am, and the progress that I make. I hope your self-esteem improves, too!

Mary