I hope this is in the right area. Anyway, I was just surfing around on Wikipedia a few months ago, and somehow ended up in the phobia topic. When I saw emetophobia- fear of V*, I was very curious. Well, it seemed like they wrote it about me. I was stunned. I woundup on emetonline and I felt so relieved to hear stories from real people. I wasn't alone anymore! As helpful as it was to know I wasn't alone, it didn't change the fear.

I started my sophmore year of highschool at a new school in August. It's a great school and I love my teachers but I'm really struggling with this phobia. For example, during my homeroom, some girl mentioned that something "was going to make her puke." She went on to say how sick she felt. I felt dizzy and hot, and I almost ran for the door in a desparate attempt to escape when I realized she was just messing around. Even though I knew she was fine, it threw me off for the rest of the day. I was frusterated with myself. Every time someone coughs in class I worry that they might gag and be ill. I can't concentrate if I have to sit by the trashcan. The hallways are carpeted at my school and I can't help but stare at the stains. Any time I hear that a janitor is called to the office I can feel my stomach turn. I am terrified about dissections in Bio. because I am just convinced that someone will be squicked into v*. I don't know what to do anymore. Everytime I hear someone saw ew or nasty or anthing along those lines, I freeze. I'm almost sure that means someone was s*. If anyone has any coping ideas that would be great! I'm just at my wits end. I would really appriciate any input. Thanks so much for reading.