Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

does anyone else feel that they always see people v*. Like I feel that I'm always th eperson that ends up seeing sum1 v* or hearing about it, or sitting next to the person who doesnt feel well.

absolutely!
    \"This too shall pass\"

Yup, even my partner notice's it so much more now!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I just think I look for it more than other people because I'm bothered by people V* without me knowing the reason for their illness.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

Yes! One of my friends always remarks on how unlucky I am in that respect!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I think it's not that we see it more often- it's that we notice it more, and also make a point to look for it.

When my boyfriend and I are out and about- I'll notice if there is vomit on the street, or if I hear someone mentioning they feel sick, or looks unwell- he won't. If I point it out to him, he'll see it, but since he isn't looking for it, it usually doesn't reach his consciousness.

*amber*

Definetly, I think its just becos were tuned in so much more than people who dont have emet. Even my hubby now notices it and comments or advises me to "look the other way, stop listneing" and so on........

Laney

I def feel like v* follows me around everywhere. Though i think it's because that i am constantly thinking bout it and noticing it more. B4 my emets got bad i prolly saw v* and heard about it but i just dont remember. However, i do agree that to me it feels like it's on tv more etc. For example the other day i was on the bus and looked over and there was an ambulance at the side of the road with a paramedic poring a bucket full of v* onto the street(down the drain, it was raining) also i was sitting in a car park inb my car waiting on my mum and a group of soilders ran past, one stopped and v* infront of me!! I couldn't beleive it. That same weekend that bloody Nike advert came on. So yes, i def feel like it follows me around more.

(sorry for going on)

Katie

After thinking about this a bit, I kind of wonder if maybe we are supposed to see it more than most. It's like a gift from the universe to help us continue to challenge ourselves. Without these little scary moments, we would be far too comfortable, no?
    \"This too shall pass\"

yeah, I do agree in a weird way. Maybe we are supposed to see it more. But then shouldnt seeing it be helping us? I don't know about you, but everytime I see it, or hear about it, it makes me even more scared. That's why I feel like I will neer get over this fear.

Ugh, I almost ALWAY hear it. The first and worst experience I really had with it was at work one day. I went to use the rest room and someone rushed in a used the stall next to me to v* repeatedly. It turns out though that she was pregnant in her first trimester and her lunch didn't agree with her. Poor thing.

I did my best to try not to freak out, but I rushed out of there forgetting to wash my hands. Though it's not good to use all the time, thank goodness for my antibacterial gel that day.

I just can't stand seeing it on tv -- even cartoons v* throw me off. Does anyone have TBS on their cable/satellite? They were showing Cheaper by the Dozen at some point this weekend and the commerical they played over and over again played that one part of where the kid v* all over, thought it was only the sound part on the commercial, it drove me NUTS!Edited by: melissarene