Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: safe foods

Hi

Are there any "safe" food to eat when you go out to eat? Is steak alright?

Thank you!!!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Not meaning to scare you, butANYTHING and nothing could hurt you by going out to eat --- it could be from the salad being cross contaminated to the chicken not being prepped correctly to someone not washing their hands and then returning to work. In my opinion, going out to eat has risks... but then again, cooking at home has risks too.

It all depends, really. Go when they are busy, special order, and eat what you like.

Honestly, just use your best judgement when going out to eat. Eat things you know your stomach can normally tolerate (steak, salad, pasta, etc...) and eat at places you know about.

In my opinion, no food is safe - but any food can be made safe or can be made "safer" so we can enjoy it (except things that are obviously posionous).
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I agree completely with purple teacher.However I do like to eat out and tend to stick to the same places that I know and like.

I tend to go for steak(lets face it you can eat it rare, not that I do!!!)or vegetariandishes. I also love pizza and pasta as well.

Trust your instincts, if youre not comfortable somewhere, if you can -leave, or if thefood doesnt taste right or you dont like the look of it, dont eat it.

If you are off out sometime, I hope you have a good time!!!

Laney xx

I suppose it's somewhat 'safer' to eat something that's cooked and hot rather than cold, since cold things could be contaminated with people not washing hands and such, wheras hot things have most of the bugs cooked off at least.

I eat out constantly - like, almost daily, and have only been poisoned once in 47 years - when I was about 12 years old - it was coleslaw. Haven't eaten it since!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Again, I think it's probably more productive to think more about changing the way you think about things rather than how to avoid things that could make you ill. You would have to lock yourself in a bubble and not eat anything in order to avoid things that could possibly make you sick.
    And like sage stated above... There are so many people who eat out many days of the week and rarely get sick. Try not to think about it and enjoy your life.

\"This too shall pass\"