Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well, I freakin did it. I "relapsed". I am 5 months prego..never had a STITCH of morning sickness. none. maybe some nausea, but maybe anxiety induced? anyways..so i visit my mom frequently, daily even, she lives less than 2 miles from my house! so my little sister (16 years old) sophomore in high school came down with a sore throat yesterday, a little congested..not TERRIBLE though. well my mom doped her up on meds. (she had an appetite all day, had the ESSENTIAL soup and sandwiches for supper) she took sore throat drops and suckers, benadryl, tylenol cough and sore throat syrup, and some expired sore throat spray. well she wasn't able to sleep cause the benadryl had the adverse affect on her..very jumpy. and she V* at around 2-3 am. she had laid down around 10 and couldn't sleep. she said her throat got worse before she threw up..and then stayed worse. well she said she started feeling like she couldnt breathe before she V* and my mom took her to the ER. they said she just had a classic sore throat...and a minor cold.

so why in the heck did she V*?? is it the overkill of meds? postnasal drip? what is it? and ive been around her some..but ive been taking prenatals for around 3-3.5 months now and have continued to take them. my mom told me the vomiting is not contagious that the DR's said it was postnasal drip. but she assumes its too much medicine. please help me. i'd hate to get that sick!

p.s. i thought i had faced the fact that people V* when I found out i was preg. but now that it seems like its staring me in the face. im deathly afraid and my hands are pure raw from washing them so much! any advice welcome!

<b>a-hay</b>

I would think it was the meds...and the nasal drip also..i know i have really bad allergies, and am always dripping, and i'm always n too...so i think it has something to do with that....i am sorry you are facing this while preg...i know it's scary, but i do believe you'll be fine. Just make sure to keep your hands washed...that is the most important thing...and try to stay away until she is over this cold. I hope she's going to be better soon, and that you'll be just fine too. Hope you're doing well otherwise too. When are you due? Take it easy if you can.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

well she said she only V* once and hasn't felt sick since. ive been around her minimally..and she has been eating all day. sausage and eggs for breakfast, vanilla ice cream. everything. she was eating all day yesterday too, until she laid down..and she didn't sleep not one bit. but i hope i wont catch it. if i do, ive never been affected by post-nasal drip (knock on wood) but she always has (she had to go to the hospital one night V* with post-nasal drip, but that was about 5-6+years ago)

anyways. if i catch it..ima have to deal with it.but id hate to i have a dentists appt wednesday, cardiologist next wednesday and my OB appt next friday

keep your fingers crossed ::
    <b>a-hay</b>

Fingers are crossed dear, you'll be just fine!!!!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Sounds like the most you could catch from your sis is a cold. And I don't know about you, but I don't EVER vomit from a cold. How many emets vomit from a cold?

ive never thrown up from a cold :X but shes fine..been fine..ive been avoiding her..just about ready to go home..ive washed my hands after every touch of doorknob, etc. lol. and i havent used the same bathroom as she got sick in, and has been using so i think that if i do catch the cold...ill be fine..the vits ive been taking has loads of VIT. C so maybe it wont be as bad...her&momma both say its just the drainage that made her sick thats why shes fine and felt fine after she got sick...im starting to feel better..throat is getting sore..scared..but dealing
    <b>a-hay</b>

Whats postnasl drip??? do you alwasys v* from it?? i think your fine...not contagious v* just maybe a cold
    I love Sam

postnasal drip is like...mucous, dripping down into your throat. and no, you dont always v* from it, although it can make you feel nauseous sometimes.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

That sounds like a LOT of meds she took, which definitely could cause vomiting. Don't worry, you'll be fine.

I wouldn't worry at all. For one the prenatals you are taking pump up your immune system big time!! I am almost certain it is the cold....some people are just more prone to v*. Medicine can definitely upset your stomach along with mucus. Don't worry...I know easier said then done. I have stayed very healthy this pregnancy and I know a lot of it had to do with the prenatals.

Amber

When I was little I sometimes would v* from a post nasal drip. Not every time I had a cold, but occasionally. And usually I would start to feel better a couple hours afterward. I'm pretty sure I've out grown it (knock wood), but the mucus can irritate the stomach and cause v*ing in children or senstive people. Your sister is a teenager so she probably has adult level control over v*ing, so maybe she's just sensitive.

Although, what you said about her eating sausage and eggs. Yikes! My stomach doesn't like stuff like that even when I'm healthy so I can't imagine eating it with a cold, v*ing or no.

Edited by: chicajojobe

I just wanted to tell you not to be too hard on yourself for having a relapse. You can still pull yourself together and not obsess. It is possible to go back to how you were feeling a week ago. Relapsing and pulling it all back together again is all a part of the healing process. You'll be okay... And, yes... I have post nasal drip and live most of my life nausiated if I don't take this strong ass allergy medication. It very easily could have just been that. But don't forget that the important thing for you to focus on here is not why she vomited, but how you are going to get your positive thought process back.
    \"This too shall pass\"

all dairy is bad for when you have congestion, nasal drip etc....the dairy will irritate the stomach and make it worse.

When my kids had colds....they would have milk...and v.

so stay away from the dairy (ice cream, milk, pudding, etc)

Dont worry one bit about this. You are going to be completely fine! Your sis got sick because of a combination of too much medicine and the congestion. I am sure of it. If you get a cold, stay calm, you will be fine...just be careful on how much medicine you take and like katsamsmom said, avoid the dairy. Isecond that on the fact that it will make you n* when you arereally congested. Relax and know you are going to be fine!