Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Are you more likely to want to sleep, or to stay awake, even if it means all night?

i always stay awake as long as i possibly can because i don't want to be taken by surprise. my friends are always telling me i should try to sleep it off, so i'm curious to see what everyone else does.

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    eace is the way::

I prefer to stay awake, though to be honest I wouldn't mind being taken by surprise - I hate the build-up to v*ing.

the last time i v*, i was sleeping & the gag reflex woke me up. i had no warning.

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    eace is the way::

I stay awake as long as I possibly can, I plan things to do to try keep my mind off of it..

Its not the best thing we should do but thats just us emets

I think most emets stay awake....but i know for my husband, who is not emet, will always just go to sleep, no matter what....i think that comes from not really caring if he v or not.....that's the diff. between emets and non emets.....it sucks, i wish i could just go to sleep feeling n....no way in h i could though, i would be terrified of being woke up and v.
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Yep, I was up till 3AM lastnight with stomach upset. I only fall asleep out of sheer exhaustion when that happens. I went to work today, trying to get my mind off it.

I try as hard as I can to stay awake, but the sheer terror and anxiety wipe me out!!! So as soon as the panic and nausea begin to subside I am sooooo sleepy. This happend to me last night cause I think I may have a sv (great, I'll probably have sick kids soon) and when I started feeling a little better I just fell asleep on the couch, hours before my usual bedtime. But I really do try very hard to stay awake.

*kim

I'm the opposite to all you guys- i try as hard as i can to go to sleep- just so that i don't have to deal with the panic and buildup. I get my bf to give me a massage and get so relaxed that i drift off... In my mind i'm thinking that you heal in your sleep, that it could be anxiety so it'll go away once i'm asleep and that if i get to sleep i'll wake up in the morning and feel better. And generally (before i got pregnant), i do! It might be because i've never needed to v* while i'm asleep, but i feel like if i can fall asleep- everything will be ok.

Kayla

stay awake! i don't think i would be able to sleep.

I stay awake. My non-emet bf goes right to sleep if his tummy is upset.

I ususally stay awake. I have trouble sleeping when I have an upset stomach or I'm nauseated. I am so anxious to begin with... and I would stay up all night long and have done so in the past too.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

Stay awake! I can't relax when I am n*, and do not want to go to sleep and be taken by surprise.

I would love to go to sleep, but usually I am too anxious. If I finally calm down and sleep, then I am o.k. I can relate to others who say after that they are soooo tired the next morning. It is all the anxiety.</font>

I always stay awake and it is completely exhausting. I totally understand...I shake so bad and I try to take deep breaths, but it is just the worst. I usually end up pacing around the house, and by the time the n* subsides, I am so exhasted I practically pass out. My non-emet husband however falls asleep right away and wonders why if I don't feel good, I can't just lay down and sleep it off!

I usually absolutely cannot sleep when I feel nauseas. I end up sitting up on the couch or something, or usually come on here to try and take my mind off it. Interestingly usually coming on here and reading does the trick most times. It used to be that I could not sit still if I felt sick, so Id be up for hours pacing around till Id get so tired Id have to lay down or practically fall down. I am glad tho now I can feel sick and be able to sit still.

I actually try to sleep, but I usually get a panic attack which makes it hard to sleep. But after the attack, I usually curl up on the floor and I fall asleep almost instantly.

I do try to sleep it off, though. I'd much rather be taken by surprise. The buildup is terrible

I actually try to force myself to go to sleep so I don't have to deal with the feeling anymore. I just don't want to have to sit awake wondering "Am I gonna v* or aren't I? If it's gonna happen, when?" you know, all those things. I'd rather go to sleep and feel better when I wake up the next morning.

Even though the last time I v* I couldn't even lay down to sleep...that was horrible.

i try too sleep cos at least when i am asleep i am not experincing the panic and i will normally wake up feeling better and not as tense