Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok, this may a little graphic so I just wanted to warn you!

It was a few years ago my boyfriend and I and another friend went out for dinner at TGIFriday's, both the guys had the Jack Daniels ribs and some beers with their dinner. I was driving because I don't drink so we went to a local bar and were there for hours!

My boyfriend and I left and our friend hitched a ride with somone else. My bf has a tendency to fall asleep or pass out on the ride home. This particular time he somehow was laying on the floor of his truck and I had the radio on.

He said something and I couldn't quite hear him so I said "what?" and the next thing I know he got sick in the truck!! LIKE 2 FEET AWAY FROM ME!!!

The smell was awful and almost instant. I whipped the truck to the side of the road and shoved him out the door and I got out too! I was FREAKING OUT!!!!!! Thank god another friend was driving by as I got out and she stopped and asked what was wrong... I was so upset I was screaming "He just got sick in the truck! Can you take me home?!" She said sure and I was in such a panic I LEFT HIM THERE!!! I was home for about 10 minutes and he pulled up. He DROVE after all of that! I made him sleep on the couch and had a bucket there for him. The next day he was mad at me for leaving him, and I DID feel terrible about that but I was SOO SCARED!

That was when he finally figured out that I am terrified of that sort of thing. So now everytime I am playing the DD and he starts to fall asleep I roll the window down and keep asking if he's ok.

This happened like 5 years ago and I still freak if I'm the one driving...

Anyone else have an experience like this?

yes...my husband had a "straight tequila" night for a halloween party. He never gets sick from drinking. He started at 8pm and we left before 11pm because he was slurring his words and acting like an idiot. His friend said leave the window down he will get sick...i said no...he never does....he said.....well bet on in tonite.

So I am yelling and screaming at him for acting the way he did and he holds up his finger as if to tell me wait...I told him to open the f****** door (I had already pulled over at this time) and he v. We live 20 min from the party and had to stop 8 times!!!! Took me and hour and a half to drive home...i was panicked,,scared....and was afraid i would not stop in time for him to open the door. The first "v" sobered him up...he knows about my phobia and kept saying how sorry he was.

He was s* untill 6pm the next day!!! I slept on the couch so he would not v on me and when i would hear him get out of bed....i ran for the garage....i did not want to hear him v. The house smelled like tequila all day long.

That was 5 years ago....and he has never done it since.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have little tolerance for drunks, so when they get sick - they are left on their own... except I will go check on them to make sure they don't need to be taken to the hospital. If you drink THAT much, then you can puke your own guts out and clean it up once you are sober... then we can talk.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

I so know what you mean! i had a similiar experience with an ex boyfriend about 5 yrs ago as well.. but it was in the car and we had other people in there.. anyways everyone was drinking and we had gone to Macdonalds a couple hours previously and i was the DD.. well my ex was in the back seat and he wanted his freind to roll down the window so he could get sick out this window... WELL he missed.. by alot and got sick all over the front seat and the back and his freind sitting in the front. I TOTTALLY freaked out and i wasnt the one that got v** on.. we stopped at one of those places where you can vacumn and wash your car and they all cleaned it up pretty quick but getting there was hell .. ugh the smell .. i just wanted to run away.. I would have done the same thing as you.. i mean how you left him there.. sooo understandable!!

\"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

i have only been with my bf for 1.5 years and since then i made him stop drinking because he would party and thats not what im about, so if he wanted to be with me that had to stop...but before i told him that he had done shots all night and v* a lot and was alll hung over and i almost broke up with him and he and i went even living together i was just so grossed out and pissed off that he would be that stupid to make himself sick. im getting angry just thinking about it actually. infact everytime i think about it, it pisses me off. i dotn get why people want to make themselves sick...I DONT GET IT.
    I love Sam

About 6 years ago before my now hubby moved in wioth me, he got drunk, come back to mine and v* all over the pavement, I was so mortified I called his parents and asked them to come and get him, I was about 30 (god how pathehicis that!!)

Mind you nowwe laugh about it(but now he knows about my emet and is alot more considerate)

Laney xx

I haven't had an experience like that, thank God because I would have had a heart attack! I'm brutal because if I don't even like the look of someone, they sure as hell aren't getting into my car! Everyone knows my rules before hand, so if they don't like them they can either walk their drunken ass home or take a cab!

happyteacher

I hate being around drunk people because they don't really know when it's going to happen. They just do it where they are. I've seen alot of drunk people do this. Now I am very uneasy around them, and my anxiety is sky high.

A few months ago, I was going to a bachelorette party for a girl whose
    wedding I was in. I was totally nervous about going. They were all going
    to stay over night at a nearby hotel, but that was just a tad too much for
    me to handle. They all know about my emet and were so sweet about it.
    They all reassured me that we are all older and so much more responsible
    so no one would get sick. The one girl, who I thought was a good friend,
    reassured me that everyone would be ok. Well, we go to this nice
    restaurant and she starts drinking very heavily........I was a bit of a
    nervous Nelly at this point. Well, she goes to the bathroom and doesn't
    come back for a very long time. Some other girls went into check on her
    and she just kept saying that she wanted ME to take her home (because,
    of course, I was the only sober one, and the one who drove separately so I
    could go home.) I felt like I had not choice, but it was a 45 min. drive.I
    was a freaking mess......I was crying and shaking like a leaf. I went out to
    my car to get ready and pull up to the restaurant doors. Some of the
    other girls had to carry her out and put her into my car. Mind you, I am
    FREAKING OUT at this point. They get her into the car and think that if
    they lay her back, she would just pass out and I could get her home
    without a problem. Well, she started to v* and I JUMPED out of the car.....I
    was a mess. One of the other girls offered to take her to the hotel, in my
    car, and bring it back. So, we did that. I felt like the WORST friend in the
    world, but I just coudln't do it. I cried the entire way home and wanted to
    just crawl into a hole.

I hate sick drunk people.[img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]
    Julie

Haha .. my friends always get sick from drinking .. I hate the sound of vomit but I can't help but laugh because it acutally sounds kinda funny .. It's like a gag/cough/burp.
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

I have no tolerance for people who drink themselves sick. Their
    problem, not mine. If you can't handle yourself responsibly and end up
    sleeping in a ditch somewhere, that's just too bad. Yep, I'm mean.[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

I totally agree one who squeaks!

Quote Originally Posted by one who squeaks
    I have no tolerance for people who drink themselves sick. Their problem, not mine. If you can't handle yourself responsibly and end up sleeping in a ditch somewhere, that's just too bad. Yep, I'm mean.[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

I totally agree. For one thing, my family was almost killed by a drunk driver years ago (he was laughing with the nurses in the ER, feeling no pain of course), saw myy mom get beat up by my dad, and I was at the other end of my exes' fist also, (and had no choice but to clean his v* and d* because he couldn't even stand up straight!!), all because these inconsiderate people were drunk. The fact that people get drunk and lose all inhibitions and motor skills is their own problem, and to subject sober people to their irresponsibleness is just inexcusable. So, I guess I'm mean and insensitive too, to something that could have been completely avoided on their part.Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Bravo!!! Awesome post!! Thank you! My friend was killed by a drunk driver 8 weeks ago today infact. This guy goes to court this wed and I will be there and I will make damn sure that he sits in prison for a long time!!!! I hate him

Quote Originally Posted by 1scareddj
    Bravo!!! Awesome post!! Thank you! My friend was killed by a drunk driver 8 weeks ago today infact. This guy goes to court this wed and I will be there and I will make damn sure that he sits in prison for a long time!!!! I hate him

OMG!!!! I am so sorry to hear that!!!! I lost 2 friends to drunk drivers :-( They (drunk drivers) deserve to rot in hell as far as I'm concerned. I almost lost my family! My kids almost lost their mother (drunken abuse). It sucks. And there is NO excuse for it.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

You know what REALLY sucks about this story? MY friend was WALKING home and this guy (I know him too) hit and killed my friend and RAN! He didn't call for help, he hid his vehicle and everything!!!!! AAARRRRHHHGGGG!!! What is wrong with people these days???? I am so sorry to hear about what has happened to you!!! My boyfriend has been drinking a lot lately and I have NOT had ONE SINGLE drink since Greg was killed!!! No excuse for these worthless pieces of crap!!! GRRRR

Thanks -- Is this guy in prison?? I hope so, and he needs to sit in that hole for the rest of his life! He took a guy from his family because he was stupid and selfish. I can't even begin to tell you how intolerant I am of this crap. My ex was drunk, and abused me. I almost lost my daughter when I was 8 months pregnant with her. If I would have had to deliver my daughter stillborn, I probably would have seriously taken his life with my own two hands. I think that's why my daughter and I are so close. It was touch-and-go for the last month of pregnancy, and damn scary. I divorced him and went into hiding shortly after her birth. This makes me so pi**ed because he KNEW he got violent when he drank, but kept doing it. He makes me sick!Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Californiagirl-I'm so sorry to hear about all that you had to deal with, but
    you are a survivor and so is your daughter.

1scareddj-I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. My mil's mother and
    sister were killed by a drunk driver over 35 years ago and she still carries
    around so much hurt and anger. My heart breaks for her, especially when
    she thinks of how her mother and sister missed getting to know her
    children (my hubby and his brother).

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by surfjunkie
    Californiagirl-I'm so sorry to hear about all that you had to deal with, but
    you are a survivor and so is your daughter.

1scareddj-I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. My mil's mother and
    sister were killed by a drunk driver over 35 years ago and she still carries
    around so much hurt and anger. My heart breaks for her, especially when
    she thinks of how her mother and sister missed getting to know her
    children (my hubby and his brother).

Thank you[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img].

I am so sorry to hear about your MIL's heartbreak--that is so incredibly sad! Those drunken bastards!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Let me just add a little disclaimer:

I am not against people drinking and having a good time, because I enjoy my margarita's and white russians once in a while, or an ice cold beer.

What I can't stand, however, is when people have to take it too far, by getting s*, leaving other people to clean up after and take care of them. I will NEVER tolerate MEAN drunks, or people who drink and drive. A couple of drinks to loosen up and have fun is ok, but people know their limit, and should abide by it.

And I do think that people who hurt or kill someone while under the influence should have their freedom and rights taken away for life. If they don't like it, then they should have been more responsible and careful.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

AMEN!! You know what I found out today?? I found out that the District Attorney who is working on my friends case offered his killer 2 years in prison and 5 years probation...if that isn't screwed up I don't know what is. I am so pissed I can't even see straight....we will find out more on Wednesday!

Quote Originally Posted by 1scareddj
    AMEN!! You know what I found out today?? I found out that the District Attorney who is working on my friends case offered his killer 2 years in prison and 5 years probation...if that isn't screwed up I don't know what is. I am so pissed I can't even see straight....we will find out more on Wednesday!

Wouldn'tyour friend'sfamily be able to appeal this?

That is pathetic!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

We are hoping to....Like I said we will find out more on Wednesday. It's a sad sad deal. I will post and let you know for sure what is going to happen!

Yes, please keep me updated, and my heart truely goes out to all affected by this horrible situation.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

hey i was just curious as to if any of you who do drink alcohol have actually v* from drinking? i have come close quite a few times. i dont understand why i let myself drink so much when i know that it could make me sick but once i start drinking i find it hard to stop. a few times ive come so close to being sick like dry retching and heaving and making v* sounds but somehow i wasnt sick. it was so so awful though.
    Angles

??
    Angles