Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I am new here

Hello everyone This is my first time checking out this website, and I must say that I am shocked by the amount of people on here. I really thought for so long that what I dealt with was something that only I dealt with. A little about me...I am 27 years old and I have dealt with this from about the age of 10. I learned that there was a name for this demon that I carry around only about a year ago. It is something that I have kept very private, and it is something that has gotten incredibly worse with age. My anxiety over getting sick is so much worse now than it has ever been. I am on the verge of talking to a doctor, and that is something that I never thought I would have the power within myself to do. Sometimes I cry, wondering why it is ME that has to deal with this. It sure doesn't seem fair, does it? It consumes my life...every aspect of it. It is sad, yes, but the one thing that I am thankful about for it is that I think it keeps me kind of grounded. My mother (who was not present most of my childhood) was an alcoholic and a huge drug addict, and I have a lot of her traits. Being emetophobic will not allow me to drink (except in strict moderation) and I would never touch a drug, for fear of the reprocussions. So, some days I think that it has been my saving grace, but most days, I just want to freak out because I hate the feelings that I have! Well, I guess that was enough of an introduction. Thank you for reading and listening to me [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hello and Welcome to the group!

This is a great place to talk about how you feel and have people actually understand how you feel!

My name is Kristin and I am 25 years old actually will be 26 in a couple months, I have had this since i was about 7 yrs old and no one really understands it and my husband especially doesnt understand and it makes things hard sometimes but i always know i can come here and rant and cry and others will share in my feelings of insecurities with v** and feeling sick.

Welcome again!
    hugs!
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

Welcome!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Hi Guys, Isn't it amazing? I just stumbled across this site today and only today realised that there was a name for this phobia and I too aren't the only one suffering every day! Reading the typical traits of people suffering on this site blew me away. I was beginning to think I was a freak, but now I know I'm not alone. I have suffered with this since I can't remember when, early childhood I would suggest and it has also become worse with age for me. I have to go to the Dr's. today because I've been getting headaches for the past few months which have gotten worse, but for me that's not the worst part. Actually having to go to the Dr where someone might be V**** terrifies me and the thought of having to go to hospital terrifies me even more! My boyfriend had to go to hospital recently with a severe sinus infection - he vomited for 2 weeks and in the end I made up some story about having to go into work so I wouldn't have to take him to hospital and his Mum had to take him. It makes me feel so terrible to think that I could do something like that but I just couldn't do it. I have told no one til now! I have also just been promoted at work and discovered that I have to travel interstate by plane, almost considering quitting because what if I get sick on the plane or someone else does? There is no escape. I don't even know why I have this phobia!

Hi newcomers! Welcome to the site. Fearfactor, your story sounds very very typical of emetophobia, and I even remember feeling exactly this way myself. Now I'm completely free from fear and I fly all over (I never would before). So there's great hope, and lots of people are treated successfully for this phobia.

Please do check out the treatments section and read all the sticky posts at the top.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.