Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I dont know why but i do often dream about v*

BUT i am never the one that is v** it is usually always someone else and i can never seem to escape it and its terrifying.. well i had ANOTHER one of those dreams again..

I havent been with my ex boyfreind in like 3 yrs but yep i had a dream about him and he was v** all over and in my dream i was trying to sleep and i felt something wet and had noticed he v** all over the floor.. i mean all over the floor more then anyone could ever v** and it was soaking up into my blanket and so i was FREAKING out in my dream because i was in direct contact of it and it was soooooo horrible.. i felt so vulnerable and i couldnt get away.. when i woke up i felt soooooo releived

I have dreams like this of others v** around me atleast a couple times a month..

Just wondering if i was weird or if anyone else has these types of dreams ?
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

i have had dreams like that before...its weird...usually it happens because i was panicing about it at some point that day and it comes out in my dream... i hate it
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I had a v* dream last night!

I was in this huge grandstand that was filled with little kids and i was really nervous (cos you know how they are with getting sick) and this little girl next to me was eating a yoghurt. And i asked her if she felt ok and she shook her head and clutched her stomach with tears iun her eyes... Arrr! I ran away. And she kept v* over and over and even though i wasn'tnext to her anymoreso i couldn't see it, i was still close by, and really shaken up.

I think im worried i won't be able to deal with it when my baby gets sick. I dream aboutv* the time though- usually im trapped in a room with heaps of people and they all start v*

You're definitely not weird!Edited by: glitta_fairy

I've had a lot of those dreams.

Like, the worst one was with everything I hate. Well, two things. I don't know why, but I was at a Waffle House (icky, I would never want to step in one of these) and it was my sister's wedding reception (Yeah, I don't know, but it was just a dream, we would never have it at a Waffle House) But anyway, my sister's fiance V**'s everywhere in the dream, and then I run out of Waffle House. But the end of the dream was kind of out there, where I ended up in Mexico....

But yes, I've had those dreams where there are people v*ing everywhere.

I've had dreams like that many, many times. They're awful--almost make me feel like they're real and I'm witnessing it firsthand. I wake up feeling horrible and shaky.
    Plus, I always worry if it's some kind of premonition or something--no, I'm not psychic or anything! Still, I always think those dreams mean I'm going to v* or someone close to me is going to v* in the near future. I know it's kind of stupid! I had a dream like that last week and worried for days about it. I kept asking my son if he felt okay, panicking at restaurants, scrutinizing people at work and so forth. I felt completely ridiculous when nothing happened.....but I know I'll have the exact same reaction after my next v* dream!

Yes! I have them alot.

I just had one 2 nights ago... it was about my nieces.. and I stll lived at home with my parents. Well in my dream.. my nieces were visiting us and they all got sick. I was terrified to be around them. The got sick all over the house. I was scared of the germs. Then at one point in my dream, my one niece told me she was going to be sick again and ran to the kitchen sick. I was horried.

I woke up RELIEVED knowing it wasnt real!!!!! I hate dreams like that.

I have these dreams all the time...probably more often then you. Most times it is others but sometimes me. It sucks...who wants to dream about v*!

I dream about it too. alot actually. I even dream about sv. That someone close to me has one and I am afraid that I will catch it. I hate those dreams

I dream about v* a lot! Most of the time someone near me has an sv and that's why they v*, its horrible. But at least its only a dream and not real. I always feel relieved when I wake up!

Oh my gosh, I just had one of those dreams last night!! it was AWFUL. I was dreaming that my husband went somewhere with two other guys and when they came back, I guess someone had hypnotized them that whenever they would say a particular phrase (not sure what), it would automatically make them v* uncontrollably. They for some reason kept saying the phrase and were v* everwhere and I was crying and freaking out in the dream.

I have these dreams all the time. YUCK!!

To dream that you are vomiting, indicates that you need to reject or discard an aspect of your life that is revolting. There are some emotions or concepts that you need to confront and then let go.
    To see others vomiting in your dream, signifies false pretenses of people who try to take advantage of you.
    <3 Laura

wow.. thanks laura..

wow i guess people are trying to take advantage of me ALOT!! haha
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

I dream about v* often. It's always a bunch of people around me who are going to v* and I can't get away. I try to run from them, but I can't and I just keep bumping into them. I think these a release dreams. We are so scared of it in real lifethat we dream about it to release some of our fears. This is just something that I read about.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine16
    To dream that you are vomiting, indicates that you need to reject or discard an aspect of your life that is revolting. There are some emotions or concepts that you need to confront and then let go.
    To see others vomiting in your dream, signifies false pretenses of people who try to take advantage of you.
    <3 Laura

I think for non-emets this is definitely true, but for us it really is about the v* in general. When dream analysts worked out the meaning behind v* in dreams i don't think they were considering it from an emets point of view lol. I think there are a few reasons why we dream about v*ing and other people v*ing. We think and agonise over it so much in our lives that it continues in our subconcious state. It allows our worst fears to be realised without harm coming to us, which may help or hinder us. It can sometimes even be our minds saying "What the hell are so scared of? It's not so bad!" I think i dream about others v*ing because that where alot of my fear lies (that they'll v* which will cause me to v*) rather than thinking that anyone's taking advantage of me. That's just my take on it.

Kayla

I am with you on this...I have dreams about v* quite a bit and then I worry that it is going to happen when I am awake!! Hate those dreams!!
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

I dream about it often enough. I'm sure non-emets don't. Usually in my dreams (make that nightmares) I am someplace where EVERYONE has a sv and people are just everywhere throwing up and it's all over the place. In those nightmares, everyone I talk to is just so matter-of-fact while I'm freaking out about it. Kind of reflects real life quite well, don't you think?
    \"Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday, and all is well.\"

I had a nasty vomit dream last nite, gosh i'm glad it was a dream. This very drunken man threw up everywhere near my house, sorry about the graphicness but he threw up some beige colored stuff just everywhere, it was making such a horrible splashing sound as it landed. It was very disturbing.[img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by roisme
    Usually in my dreams (make that nightmares) I am someplace where EVERYONE has a sv and people are just everywhere throwing up and it's all over the place. In those nightmares, everyone I talk to is just so matter-of-fact while I'm freaking out about it. Kind of reflects real life quite well, don't you think?

I had one like that just a few weeks ago! My whole family - cousins, aunties, uncles, etc. - were all having dinner at some fancy restaurant, then all of a sudden, EVERYONE started v*ing everywhere, except me! I was trying to hide, and trying not to breathe in and all that, but wherever I went, there were people just hurling all over the floor and the walls. It was awful!

I woke up feeling so on edge, and I didn't want to go near my parents in case it'd been true! Gahh, I hate this >___<
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

yea...i had a dream about this guy in 1 of my classes v** on a boat..weird stuff

I agree with Kayla....for us emets it is about the V* because it is something you think about all the time and often dwell on. It is just one of those things.

amber

I haven't dreamed about vomiting in a very long time. But last night I dreamed about coitus with a woman who was doubly amputated at the ankle. What do you suppose that means? She didn't want me to use protection, and did it ever feel nice. That's the kind of dream I could use more of, especially when I'm awake.

I kept asking this other woman if she smoked because I could smell smoke in her blond hair whenever she was around. Now how can you smell in a dream? You can't conjure up a memory of a smell. It's impossible. So I wonder if I was smelling smoke drifting into my bedroom windown and using that as a stimuli to sniff this woman in the dream. Pretty weird.

It was one of those mornings where the neighbors were making a lot of noise with their roofing job and you never completely get back to sleep and instead have a lot of dream stimuli coming in.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

^ LOL Doug, you crack me up. Why is it that everytime I have sex with someone in a dream, they are always so fugly that when I wake up I get grossed out....yet you get a hot chick (albeit with no feet).

You could have smelt the smoke from outside and incorporated it into your dream- there are times when I have been dreaming, and when the alarm went off the people in my dream stopped to comment on the loud ringing. Once, when I was having one of those pre-req "go to work naked" dreams, my alarm clock was even misinterpreted as the fire alarm. Weird.

*amber*

Doug your not alone...i have strange sex dreams too...usually about my
    bfs best friend, which makes me feel terriable and guilty in the
    morning..given that i want nothing to do with him like that, but i have
    such detail images, that i can taste the air...it totally is
    weird...and i wake up and im like omg not again...usually it happens
    when he spends the night or the night after he hangs out with my bf...
    I love Sam