Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I don't feel like going to work today....I work second shift as a radio DJ so I kinda HAVE to be there....I was fine earlier and now I am just beside myself. My back started to hurt and I have a headache. I am so tired from not sleeping well. I just feel disorentied. My boyfriend and I are fighting non stop these days and I have a serious anxety issue.We are having our house warming party tomorrow and I'm nervous about that.

How can I tell my employer what is going on? My boss is the greatest guy but I'm afraid that no one will understand my anxiety and what I am going through. I have good days and bad days....yesterday was a good day and today is bad again. I am sick of being on this emotional roller coaster.

I feel so hopeless.....my mom just left my house and I can't stop crying. I am 23 years old I should be able to take care of myself. I finally made an appointment to see a Dr. on Monday at 10AM. This is so debilitating. Not just my emets, but my anxiety, and depression. I should be happy! I just can't stop feeling like this!!!!

I am so mad at myself. I am scared to leave my house!!!Edited by: 1scareddj

Don't be mad at yourself, you should be mad at yourself if you weren't going to get help, but you are, so that's a great step in the right direction. Everyone goes through this, it's ok. Just do your best. You took a huge step by making a doctor's appointment to help deal with some of your feelings, and that's great, just focus on the positive, not the negative. You are a DJ? That's sounds like an awesome job. Just take a deep breath and go to work and have fun. It will get better, I promise. I know you feel bad now, and you feel like the whole world is on your shoulders and your life is likea roller coaster, but the minute you give into the phobia, you lose, and I know you are stronger than that. Good luck on Monday with your doctor, I hope you feel better, and take charge honey!!!
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

i know how u feel i get so angry at myself, me an my bf are having rows to an i know how stressful it can be. i also have trouble with work an its horrible when we have a bad day. keep strong your not alone.

michelle xxxx

Thanks everyone. I didn't go to work tonight...but I did call my boss and told him what is going on...well I didn't tell him about the emet thing but my axiety is really high right now having lost a friend to a drunk driver July 30 and my grandma 2 weeks ago. then I had a cold between there and my bf and I are fighting that I think today I finally caved and needed to clear my head. By boss was so understanding and he said that he wasn't surprised considering the major losses in my life and he thought it a bid odd that I had "seemed" ok at work. I took a little nap tonight and when I woke up I felt n* so I was really really scared. I called my mom and talked to her and she calmed me down a bit. I had printed out that thing on Emet and gave it to my boyfriend and told him that this has been going on since I was a kid but I didn't know how to tell him. He wasn't surprised but I think that now he's knows there's a name for it he won't just say to me "it's all in your head" WHEW.....I'm letting people know about it. I also told my best friend that I found this website and she was so happy that I am talking with you all.

I am a radio DJ and yes my job is pretty awesome. I love the people that I work with but being the night Jock I am there by myself so I have a lot of time to think about stuff. Sometimes when I feel n* at work I get scared. Alot of times with my job I have to make public appearances and speak in front of thousands of people at concerts and such...I get nervous but not too bad. Only, if I feel sick then that's when I freak. If you want to, I have a bio page on our radio station's website. Check it out! www.d99point3.com/mel.htm

If and of you have yahoo messanger my screen name is bradyblue414.

Thank you all for being there and I hope that I can overcome some of this cause I am just miserable. Take care y'all!