Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Help fp*??

help, I had tinned spaghettie and the little pork sausages, made by hinze..

And im not feeling n* and can taste it when I burp..

It was boiling hot when I started to eat it but it hard cooled down a little by the time I had finished..

my stomachs a little sore and chruning..

pretty scared [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Edited by: violet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If it was boiling hot when you made it, its perfectly safe, even when it's cooled down. It would have to be room temperature for a good couple of hours to do you any harm. Probably your ibs? You'll be ok!

Thankx dreamer,

Really hope so, I havent burped up foods in a long time, kinda of just took me by surprise

its been a good 4 hours since I ate it, something would have happined now wouldnt it?

Dont' worry. Everytime I eat spaghetti I end up tasting it in my burps
    and I think the "churning" feeling is just digestion. I've also noticed
    that canned spaghetti cools off pretty quickly no matter how hot you
    get it while cooking it. All that your feeling is probably just anxiety
    induced. Try your best to just relax and get your mind off of it.

Yes, I think it would be quite quick. When my bf got food poisoning last Christmas, he knew as soon as he'd eaten that something wasn't right. He v*d within an hour and was fine after that. He's not an emet, so it was no big deal for him. (they don't know how lucky they are, lol) Maybe you swallowed a bit of air when you were eating and it's just working its way back up!

hey,

my stomach is in a bit of a cramp and painful, ive ate a few mints, and Im hoping fingers crossed it has irritated my dinner and given me wind, the only thing im worried about now, is that it ends up making me v*

Thankx to both of you for replying, means loads xx

Wind will not make you v*. A hot cup of tea might shift it if the mints don't work.

Yea I have a slight addiction to imperial mints, and I didnt feel n* before eating them, or could taste my dinner, but now I can.

Thankx again dreamer!! x

It's probably the spices in the food that made you burp up. That happened to me once after eating jerk chicken. It was scary, but I didn't have food poisoning.

Brushing your teeth might help get the nasty taste out of your mouth a little, but other than that you sort of just have to wait it out.

Thankx chicajojobe,

At the moment im burping hard like the wind is forcing its self out and its really uncomfy, it happins after I took a drink of water..

my whole system seems to be in a little bit of upset..

I really hope this is wind..x

anxiety makes it really hard to digest food properly, (although you won't vomit from that). If you can try to soothe yourself and be as calm as you can, it will really help.

Tinned food goes through a stringent process, and can't possibly be poisonous. You've just got an upset tummy. If you have any ginger, that will really help settle it down.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

sage, thank you so much for your reply!

Ive been trying to read and theres just now left alot of wind going around which is very uncomfortable.

I personally havent ever tried ginger for fear it upsets my ibs, and the thought of the taste lol, but maybe i should bite the bullet..

Again thank you!

OH it's lovely and will be great for your ibs....but if you don't like it then don't worry.

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

I think you are having some indigestion. Spaghetti and sausage...I assume there was some sauce on there too? That could make for a little acid indigestion.

Maybe try some tea or water?

I hope you feel better soon!!!!

Just curious but how do you get ginger? Is it in a pill or liquid form? Can you just buy it at the drugstore?

I hope your feeling better Violet, I highly doubt its food poisoning based on what you ate. Sounds like indigestion to me.

Mints can actually trigger acid reflux, so be careful using them to settle your stomach. For me, a mint will usually make me feel worse because it does something to actually irritate my stomach and cause the acid to get 10x worse.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

ginger is a root sold in the vegetable section of the grocery store. It's funny, twist-shaped and needs to be peeled. Then what I do is cut it in chunks and put it in a garlic press and squeeze the water out of if. Then you put boiling water on that, and some sugar and you've got yourself ginger tea. The pure juice is VERY spicy, but as strong as you can manage it, go for it.

We just gave this to our very sick puppy who ate some landscaping fabric. We injected it down her throat and as soon as it hit her tummy, she felt instantly better. It's good stuff!

hi

i buy crystilised ginger and it is actually quite nice to nibble when you r feeling n* a bit like fruit pastilles but ginger you can get it in most health food shops also i had a real addiction to ginger nut biscuitswhen i was pregnant and they help with n* aswell and r also really nice to eat

lyndsayanne

More ginger stuff you can get is Reed's Ginger Brew, a very strong ginger ale with lots of real ginger, and Reeds Ginger Chews. Both are very tasty (I think) and can be found in health food stores or the health food section of a regular grocery store.