Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

....and I mad mad mad at myself!!! OMG....and this is going to sound REALLY REALLY REALLY stupid....I saw a new doc today and we had talked about my anxiety and depression from the traumatic losses I have suffered in the last 2 months....but I was so shocked and kinda smitten when he walked in cause he was really CUTE!!! LOL I felt like such a bumbling fool that I didn't even tell him about the emet!! They gave me the number for the psychology center and I have an appointment on Wednesday...whew!! So, maybe when I go there I will tell her about it....god...I have been in a relationship for 9 years and I guess I was expecting an OLDER male doctor!! LOL It's really silly but he was really CUTE! (with a big ol ring on his finger! LOL)

Anyway, he gave me a perscription for the generic side of Zoloft....I am starting on it today!! Hopefully it helps a little bit.

Then I got home and sat down to eat some lunch and I was starting to feelreallyN* (havnen't taken the meds yet) but I freaked!!! I was pacing around the house OMG OMG OMG, I am going to get sick.....then I told myself that if I don't have a sv* I have no reason to v*...I kept telling myself that and I seem to be ok now....I was just so scared!

Okay I think you're being too hard on yourself on two accounts.

First, there's nothing wrong with being scared or having a panic attack. Actually it sounds like you managed to work through it well since you told yourself that you didn't have a reason to v* and started feeling better eventually. You should feel proud of yourself for staying clam and talking your way through it.

Secondly, I'm sure you didn't look like a bumbling fool. And your doctor being cute could be considered just a perk. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] There's nothing you can do about forgetting to tell him about your emet right now, so don't dwell on it. Besides, if he's a clinician, phobias are not his specialty so all he would have done would be offer you medication to help with the anxiey and refer you to someone who specializes in psychology. Both of which he did anyway so....no big problem. And if it ever comes up later that there's medical proceedure you need which causes you anxiey about v*ing, you can just tell him then.

Edited by: chicajojobe

O.K. don't say that maybe you will tell your psychologist on Wednesday.

How about definitely tell her?