Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I finally have insurance and I really would like to start some sort of therapy. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to find a therapist that deals with phobias. I live in the U.S so if anybody can direct me. I tried looking up different counslors but they dont say. Do I have to just take the time and call them all to see if they know about phobias and more specific this phobia. Thanks in Advance [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Nina

Can i use your post as well

I have the same problem in the UK, i search the internet and everyone claims that they can cure emet, some say one session some say six months then i find they have CD's to send for and you tell them what phobia you have so they can add in the right words so i think it's not specifically for emet it's just a script for all phobia's. I went through the NHS ( free service) about five times in my life but no one had heard of it and i was sent home.

I have hit a brick wall and would love to find a therapist.

hi cloughie

i had this problem with the NHS I was referred to a psycologist acttually ended up with a trainee who had no idea about this phobia or how best to treat it and sort of hit a brick wall too after that so if anyone else in uk or scotland can recommend anyone it would be really helpful

lyndsayanne

Hi guys,

Glad you asked this. Please go to the top of the Treatments section of this forum and you will find a sticky post entitled "How to find professional help" Let me know if you have any more questions after reading it! Thanks...
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.