Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: new here

Hybrid View

hope i don't ramble too long.

I just realized i have this phobia tonight. it's wonderful hearing everyone share. however, my phobia is a little different.wondering if anyone feels the same.

I don't have much of a fear of myself v*. mostly others. (i did however go 21 years without doing it, quite a record, and indicitive of this phobia i guess!) i dont have a fear myself because i have a very strong stomach. i even eat sushi regularly!

However, i work in a public place, and it seems like someone's always saying "oh i don't feel good" or "can i use the restroom". i get terrified. i also get very angry with them. i've even told customers they should go home if they don't feel well. sometimes i even walk out of work and don't come back until i'm sure they're gone.

it happened again this morning, and although the customer didnt v*, i got really angry at him for being there when he didnt feel well. that maybe made me think i had a problem. i had no idea it was so common- or there was a website with a message board!

the problem is i know i wont want to go to work tommorrow for fear that it will happen again. and i get angry at the clients for doing this to me- irrational.

God bless you all for sharing. this is wonderful. feel better just talking about it.

hi darth,

I was just viewing another thread asking exactly the same thing - it's called something like "anyone else like this"...check it out!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey Darth.

welcome to the group.. this is a great place to find help and talk about what your afraid of and the greatest part is .. that everyone does understand.. finally!! right? i know i felt that way when i came here.. and everyone is different..and in different stages but we all do understand in some way or another.. i am scared mostly of me but just as scared if others v* IF i know its a sv* , if its drunkeness or from a something else explainable.. then i dont freak out as much.. dont get me wrong though i still do freak out if i have a drunken freind v* out my car window.. (been there done that) anyways.. im rambling too much but i just wanted to say.. welcome to the group!!

hugs
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

Most of my fear lies with other people v* as well, so i understand what you mean! Welcome to the board!

Kayla xxx

Hi there

Welcome to the site. Every experiences their emetophobia in different ways. Hope you find this site beneficial for yourself.

Katie

Welcome!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

thanx for all the advice! and sage thanks for hitting the nail on the head with that other post!

also whoever did the "what is emet ?"page its dead on. thats totally me with being morbidly fascinated even though it totally disgusts me.

hey thanks,

check out the Treatments section at the top there are sticky posts - articles about how to get treated, how to tell your dr or family, how to deal with the panic, and a gradual exposure site ...also a kit for therapists I've put together.

All the best!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.