Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi Guys just had to come and ask for help cause I am feeling scared and panicky right now. Basically I am convincing myself that I feel sick and that I am unwell, nothing unusual, but this time I am really convincing myself that something is wrong because my doctor took me off Prozac about a month ago and switched me to Efexor cause the Prozac was no longer helping me. Well I was okay when I started it because I was only on a small dose but then I had to increase to 150 mg last week and since then I have had this really bad twitching in my legs and arms and hands and just a generally strange feeling in my body. I feel really light-headed and my stomach doesn't feel right. Not like I am going to V I don't think but I do keep getting panicky that it will lead to that. What if the tablets are not agreeing with me? I also keep feeling hot and sweaty. I am panicking even more cause I am going out with a friend shorty shopping and we have to travel in the car for about an hour and I am convinced that I am going to get sick or something. I don't really feel like eating but again I think that is all in my mind. Not sure. Anyone got any advice. I am planning to call my Doctor to discuss this cause it may be that I shouldn't be continuing this medication if it is affecting me like this. I am scared I am doing myself harm because the twitching is really bad. Sorry to go on so much guys but I just need some reassurance that I am not ill and that I am just panicking which is making the situation worse. My partner and I are also going round to friends tonight for dinner and I am scared about that cause I might not be hungry or feel like eating and that might cause me to feel even more like v'ing.

Chances are that the sickly feeling is down to panic - take some deep, slow breaths and try to find something to take your mind off it. Also, make sure you keep eating, even if it's only small amounts - low blood sugar (from not eating) causes nausea, so it's a vicious circle.

As for the twitching, I would definitely speak to your doctor (or even the pharmacist) about it - it could be the meds, or it could be another symptom of the panicky situation you are in at the moment. Either way, at least if you have spoken to a professional about it, you will be reassured.

As it is a friend you are visiting for dinner, could you not phone and explain that you are not ill, but have been a little off your food lately, so that they will not be surprised or offended if you don't eat much? Do your friends know about your anxiety problems - could you explain that you are still settling to the new meds, but you still want to see them? But you might well find that once you get there and get involved in the inevitable gossip that starts when friends have dinner, you will just eat your meal without thinking about it, and actually enjoy it.

Best wishes, Jill xxx

awww ur not going on AT ALL i'd b just as concerned with you..

i wud call ur doctor tho.. cause im sure what ur feeling is jsut " safe side-effects" but just to put ur mind at rset, you konw?

when i got rough side effects i found it was more helpful to just sit and home and grin and bear it.. there was no point going anywhere when i knew i wasnt gnna be able to enjoy it... cause unlike anxiety nausea it was the type that i cudnt just forget about.. as it was REALLY there from the tablets...

so maybe u cud just relax at home for a while, whilst the tablets kick in maybe?

Jen xxxx

Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.