Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I think my emet is definately better than it has been in the past. Today I went to work, and was on register, and a coworker was on register too with me, shes a real nice lady and I like working with her. So, she came in and I was all like "hi how are you doing hows it goin?" and stuf, and shes like "well, Im feelin off, I was up throwing up and d* all last nite", and I was like "ohh thats too bad" and stuff, but I really didnt panic. I felt bad for her, and wondered to myself why she came in if she was sick, but then thought maybe to her its not so much a deal or that she needed to come in to get the hours or something. I had to do other stuff like putting fabric away, but told her just to call me up there if she needed me, and that I carry Imm AD with me if she wanted one. It really didn't bother me much, I mean sure i would rather not get an sv, but I mean I used the same register as she did and stuff, and didnt think much of it.

Good for you...I am going to think of you the next time someone at work tells me they were sick (there seems to be a nasty bug going around the office) and try to not run screaming in the direction of the nearest door! Thanks for sharing... [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hey there lilsunnymama,
    Thanks for the reply. Heh, well it took me a lot of time to get that way, but I am glad the emet isnt so bad now. I still freak sometimes tho especially if I think Im gonna be sick, but I have gotten better at coping with it and dont freak as near as bad as I used to.

That's great to hear! I think I am also getting better as time goes on, although I do still freak if I am in very close proximity with someone who tells me they have been throwing up. The panic starts and I start to feel awful and my mind doesn't stop working overtime - trying to work out how close I was to the person and if I touched anything they touched etc etc.

But over time, I feel I have got better than I was[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hey Neesy that is great!
    Any little step helps right?

Good for you!! Its a good feeling to get better with handling things. You made a positive step, congrats!!
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!