Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Is anyone else here on Wellbutrin? I started two months ago, and since then, my appetite's been out of control. I was steadily regaining the weight I lost this past spring, and when I went on my new meds, it has been coming on even faster. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] I hate this! I've tried and tried to not eat as much, and succeed for breakfast and lunch--but dinner time and beyond, I pig out. I try to eat lots of protein and veggies to curb my appetite, but nothing helps. I feel like a friggin' whale right now. I'm only 5'1", so when I gain weight, it's really noticeable.

Anyone else have an out of control appetite and/or weight gain on Wellbutrin? I don't know how to stop gaining weight! Ugh!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

is that a medicine or asthma?
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've been on Wellbutrin for about two years, and I've lost 10 pounds.
    But I'm also small (5 feet even, SHORT PEOPLE FOR THE WIN!) and lose
    weight easily. As far as the clinical trials are concerned, people were
    more likely to lose weight than gain it. Doesn't apply to everyone,
    obviously. :/ Are you on any other meds? (When I was on a
    Remeron/Zyprexa/Wellbutrin cocktail, I gained 20 pounds-- my doctors
    were happy, but I wasn't, lol.)

Frequent snacking may help, but make sure whatever you're eating is low
    in calories. I tend to go for stuff like puffed wheat, bell peppers, or
    celery. Drink lots of water, too.

Hi there!
    I was prescribed Wellbutrin late last year to quit smoking (it worked as long as I kept taking it!) and I lost quite a bit of weight on it as well. The only issue I had with it was if I took it too late in the day it kept me awake at night. Plus, I couldn't drink caffeine with it or I got shaky.
    I think if you are having troublesome issues with it you should speak to your doctor and maybe get a different dosage or maybe he/she has some suggestions for you. The dosage I took for smoking cessation was different than if I'd had it prescribed for something else.
    One suggestion, as this worked well for me when I gained weight was to make sure to eat a good, healthy breakfast and lunch--I found out I wasn't as hungry around dinnertime when I did that. If you don't eat much during the day (and I know this from experience!!) you'll be starving at night at more likely to binge.
    I hope this helps somewhat!

I find that eating 6 small meals keeps me not bindging at night...like
    then you get two breakfasts, two lunches, and two dinners...it is
    working so far for me...and exercise will always help...even if its
    just a 20 min walk around the block
    I love Sam

I have been taking Wellbutrin for over a month now. I know it is one of the few anti-depressants that is NOT supposed to cause weight gain, or at least LESS weight gain than some of the other SSRI's (Zoloft, Lexapro, Prozac). I haven't really noticed much difference. When I very first started taking it, it really decreased my appetite. Now I am up to 300mg every day and I really can't tell much difference. I typically try to keep my calories under 1600 per day and exercise daily to keep any unwanted weight away!

But, it has helped with my depression. I am feeling much better and feel that I am more able to handle things now. I certainly don't want to stay on it forever, but I want to take it until I can get through this very difficult time in my life.

Jess

Well I asm glad I am not the only one with this problem. My doctor thought I was nuts when I asked him about this very subject. I lost wieght when I first started and thne slowly the weight has kept coming back on. I am frantic and frustraed and somewhat mad.

NJ [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]