Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Big Triumph!!!

I know there are several people on this board who have felt that I am getting high and mighty in my posts because my emet is non-existent at this point, but I'm so excited for my latest triumph, that I just have to share.

My coworker who sits right next to me called in sick yesterday morning. I spoke with him and he said that he had been v* all night long and that his son had v* all day on Saturday so it must be a bug. So, the first thing that would have popped into my head if my emet was in control, was "OMG, now I'm gonna get it." But instead, I wished him well and told him to rest up and not rush coming back to work to soon, everything at work was under control.

So, he called in sick again this morning and said that the v* stopped but he was feeling weak and hadn't really attempted any food yet. He told me his son had stayed home from school yesterday (his son goes to a catholic school) and he was fine so he went to school today. So he thinks he will be fine by tomorrow, since it only effected his son for 2-3 days. So again, I didn't panic at all at the prospect of him coming in tomorrow if he feels up to it, which is a HUGE step for me. My emet was under control when it came to my hubby's migraines, but this is the first time a sv was in play, and I am handling it great! I'm fine with the fact that we sit next to each other and that if he does come back tomorrow, he still could be contagious, but we don't share the same phone or computer so I should be fine.

It's truly an amazing feeling to be this far ahead of this phobia, I had been concerned with the sv issue because I hadn't known anyone to have one yet, but now that it has happened, I'm glad I didn't panic. The worst that will happen if I should get it (which I truly doubt) is I will be feeling like poo for a few days, then it's over.

I hope I didn't offend anyone, just thought I'd share my triumph with all of you.

Judy
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Judy,

Hurray for you! What an incredible feeling, isn't it? I am almost afraid to say that I have been feeling the same way (for fear of jinxing it! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]) but it is certainly quite liberating, isn't it? I can relate and I am so glad that you are feeling on top of it all. It is so nice to not feel so bogged down every minute of every day with the anxiety and worry that can come along with it!

Keep up the positive thoughts and keep sharing them! It is so nice to hear triumphs...it gives hope to us all!!!

Julie

Oh course you havent offended anyone! Isn't this site for supporting each other in the bad times and celebrating each others triumphs too???

I am very proud of you Judy! Well done! Keep it up sweetie!

Jen x

Thanks so much Julie for the kind words. Good for you for taking charge.

Judy
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Awesome Judy!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Thanks Jen & Kate. That's all I want to do, spread the positive to this site!!
    <a href=\"

Hey Judy,
    That is great that you didnt panic! It sounds like you are coming far with the phobia. Its funny but a very similar thing happened to me last week (lady from work came in with an sv) and I didn't panic. I guess we must be doing something good. I know I'm not completely over it yet by a long shot, but any improvement is a good thing.

Awesome Galadriel!!!
    <a href=\"