Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi, thought it'd be quite interesting to share pics or expereinces of meeting people who are famous. Here's my picture with the googoo dolls (Johnny and Robbie, Mike wasn't there) Thought i'd rub out the face of the other women who was there for her own privacy etc. Met them in Glasgow in May and just went to see them play again last night in Glasgow. American band. They are amazing live!!! Anyone else seen them? So, here's my pic and i'd love to see any other pics people have.

[img]uploads/images/katiepool129/CB1_goooo.JPG[/img]

I don't have any pics but I've met a few famous people. The first famous person I ever met was Annette O'Toole (She's on Smallville and in the movie IT) Very nice woman, tiny but she didn't mind signing autographs.

Then there was David Duchovny, without getting into specifics, he was an ass and I'd prefer to not talk about it.

Then there is Brad Delp from the band Boston. We met and really hit it off and now we communicate every so often by E-Mail and phone calls. Whenever he's in town he gives me free tickets to his concerts and backstage passes.

I also met Kate Mulgrew, she played Captain Janeway on Star Trek Voyager. Boy did I go all out when I met her, I cried (Happy tears of course) She was SO WONDERFUL To me!! I met her twice actually, but of course she didn't remember me (I mean I'm sure she meets like TONS of fans) And she Lives in Cleveland now so WOO!

That's about it for me, no one terribly famous....but I'm hoping to run into Amy Lee, Anthony Heald, and Krista Allen one day....LoL.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

clint black...gosh he was hot!!!!! I stood in line for 5 hours to get an autograph for mmy hubby!!! That is love!!!! I also met Ty Herndon (another country singer)

BTW Johnny is hot!!! He looks hot and i bet he smells as good as he looks!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I dont have any pics but i did meet Orlando Jones .. u know the guy that was the original make 7 up yours commericails.. anyways.. I met him before he was in any of he movies .. but he was hilarious to talk to!
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

I met Aerosmith and the drummer asked me to come join him in his hotel room which I obviuosly declined to. I have a picture that i'll have to scan and post later . I know I have met others but ill have to remeber and tell you guys Im kinda in a rush right now . Laters

I've met Matt Lauer, Al Roker & Katie Couric of the Today show. Matt is sweet and nice, Al is cranky, and Katie isa b*. I used to see her everyday as I work in the same building as the studio and man, she can be mean. Matt, always nice and friendly, polite. Al, I've ridden the elevator with him and he is just a cranky person in general.
    <a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Yeah! I have met all the guys from Coldplay, George Lucas, Bruce Campbell and Stephen King. I have seen (but not talked to) Stephen Speiberg, FF Coppola, Clint Eastwood and Paul Newman.

I absolutely adore Bruce Campbell, and was a nervous wreck meeting him. Sigh..

--Kim

Hi there!
    I've actually met a few famous people too while working as a flight attendant and a few while they were filming movies out here in the Chicago area.
    I met Sharon Stone at Chicago O'Hare airport--she was really sweet but looked (okay, i'll be nice!) DIFFERENT in person.
    I met Benjamin Bratt there too (from Law and Order and Catwoman) and he was HOT!!
    I had Dave Mustaine from Megadeth (it seems like no one knows who he is!) on one of my flights. He'd obviously been drinking--in fact, I worried for a bit he might v*!! He was pretty nice, though. Joking around and so forth. Still, he looked awful!
    I had Henry Winkler (Fonzie from Happy Days) on a flight to South Bend, Indiana too. He was awesome! We were super delayed too with a broken aircraft and he still was wonderful and funny even though all the other passengers weren't!
    I met Bill Murray at a mall nearby when he was filming "Groundhog Day". He was at Walgreens (I swear!).
    Also met Tom Hanks when he was filming "Road to Perdition" out by me. He was really great and actually took the time to talk to us and everything--really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by christianne
    Hi there!
    I've actually met a few famous people too while working as a flight attendant and a few while they were filming movies out here in the Chicago area.
    I met Sharon Stone at Chicago O'Hare airport--she was really sweet but looked (okay, i'll be nice!) DIFFERENT in person.
    I met Benjamin Bratt there too (from Law and Order and Catwoman) and he was HOT!!
    I had Dave Mustaine from Megadeth (it seems like no one knows who he is!) on one of my flights. He'd obviously been drinking--in fact, I worried for a bit he might v*!! He was pretty nice, though. Joking around and so forth. Still, he looked awful!
    I had Henry Winkler (Fonzie from Happy Days) on a flight to South Bend, Indiana too. He was awesome! We were super delayed too with a broken aircraft and he still was wonderful and funny even though all the other passengers weren't!
    I met Bill Murray at a mall nearby when he was filming "Groundhog Day". He was at Walgreens (I swear!).
    Also met Tom Hanks when he was filming "Road to Perdition" out by me. He was really great and actually took the time to talk to us and everything--really nice.

OMG---You met Benjamin Bratt??!!??!!?? I LOOOVE him! he is sooooo sexy!!!

Well, I'm old (39), so I don't know if these people that I've met are exciting at all, but here goes:

I met Dennis Rodman (hotter than I expected), all of the Chicago band members, all of the Tesla band members, keyboard player Ed Roth (WOW), the drummer for Red Hot Chili Peppers (Chad....), Steve Burton (General Hospital HOT), Johnny Carson, and I think that's it. Oh yeh, and the old singer who sang "La Bamba", Richie Valens, is my second cousin, but I never met him, he died in a plane crash before I was born.

~*~Charlene~*~

Christianne,

I am from the Chicago area, too! PM me and maybe we can meet up!

MaryEdited by: harmonygirl72
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I've those I've met/randomly ran into, these are the ones that most stick out:

- Alanis Morissette and Ryan Reynolds; both are extremely chill and polite. She is from where I live now and has an apartment here, and I ran into them on one of our major streets in the middle of the summer while they were in search of shawarma, lol. They kinda stick out, so when people approached them they took it in stride and were very nice.

- Tori Spelling; borderline alcoholic, likely on some sort of narcotic, and just bizarre in person. Definitely not all there, and saw her make out with a chick at a bar in the market.

- The Tragically Hip; who likely if you don't live in Canada, you've never heard of. Very popular band here, and they are friggen wikkid in person.

- Matthew Perry; complete loser. sat in the middle of a crowded restaurant during a busy evening in the market area of my city, and then complained (loudly) if anyone approached him. Dude, if you don't want to be noticed, be a bit more discreet. And don't be such a jack to fans- you should be happy you even have any.

-Nick Lea and the guy who played Langley from the Lone Gunmen (ahhhh- X-files, how I loved you). This was at a conference- both stuck around until EVERYONE got an autograph, and Nick Lea even bought flowers for some kids he had met the day before who were staying in the same hotel as him.

Those that I have been at the same restaurant as/seen while traveling/shopping/site-seeing:

- Cameron Diaz (fugly, has bad skin, and perpetually looks angry about something)

- Russell Crowe (and because he was in Toronto for awhile, I have so many Russell Crowe acting like a complete arse stories from friends and family)

- The cast of Degrassi: Next Generation (they had some function going on here and they were all in town)

- Vanilla Ice (remember him? LOL)

- Keanu Reeves (who isn't all that goodlooking)

.....I know I have met/seen others in passing, but if they were just "meh" or didn't do anything particularly interesting on either end of the spectrum (good/bad), then I tend to forget easily. Also, if they aren't people I would particularly take interest in, I generally don't care, lol.

Kim- the fact that you have met Stephen King, George Lucas, and Bruce Campbell makes me insanely jealous. They are really celebs that I geekily "heart". and most people wouldn't care about them, lol.

*amber*

Hey

I've met Gillian Anderson more than once, she's funny but quite stand off-ish with people. I suppose too many years with mad X-Files fans, but one time we sat and had a cigarette and she was good fun.

Jason Mraz when he was at Borders in Glasgow.

Laurel Holloman. Oh Also Anne Ramsay (Does anyone remember Mad About You? Well she was the sister Lisa, and btw Anne Ramsay in real life is cool. I don't just mean cool meeting her but I mean she is SO actually cool you feel like a geek haha)

I did talk to Eric Mabius once who was in the OC etc, but to be honest he was really rude and I wasn't that impressed!

I met Ed Byrne once (Irish Comedian) and Brian Dowling who was in G A Y late bar on my birthday and he gave me a hug and said he liked my hair.

P.s I ws gonna go to the GooGoo Dolls but had no one to go with. Wish I had now!

The person I would most like to meet and have a real conversation with would be Helen Mirren. I think she is fascinating.

This is the Jason Mraz Picture I love the most that I took. There is one of me and him but I look insane haha

Edited by: hippychick
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Hippychick- I also LOVE Helen Mirren. She was in Toronto for their film festival a few years ago, but I couldn't head down because of school (booo). I also think that she is amazing, and I love the fact that she doesn't take herself so damned seriously.

Her, and Alan Rickman are definitely on my wish-list for people I would eventually like to meet.

*amber*

I MET LEE FROM STEPS
    ooh yes I did. [img]smileys/smilies_14.gif[/img]

wow! so many people have met famous people, wasn't expecting so many replies, more pics tho!! Was always my dream to see the googoodolls in concert and i cant believe it's happened twice in one year!! let alone meeting them! It's so nice to discuss something possitive thats made us feel happy

Quote Originally Posted by crimgoddess

I've those I've met/randomly ran into, these are the ones that most stick out:

- Alanis Morissette and Ryan Reynolds; both are extremely chill and polite. She is from where I live now and has an apartment here, and I ran into them on one of our major streets in the middle of the summer while they were in search of shawarma, lol. They kinda stick out, so when people approached them they took it in stride and were very nice.

- Tori Spelling; borderline alcoholic, likely on some sort of narcotic, and just bizarre in person. Definitely not all there, and saw her make out with a chick at a bar in the market.

- The Tragically Hip; who likely if you don't live in Canada, you've never heard of. Very popular band here, and they are friggen wikkid in person.

- Matthew Perry; complete loser. sat in the middle of a crowded restaurant during a busy evening in the market area of my city, and then complained (loudly) if anyone approached him. Dude, if you don't want to be noticed, be a bit more discreet. And don't be such a jack to fans- you should be happy you even have any.

-Nick Lea and the guy who played Langley from the Lone Gunmen (ahhhh- X-files, how I loved you). This was at a conference- both stuck around until EVERYONE got an autograph, and Nick Lea even bought flowers for some kids he had met the day before who were staying in the same hotel as him.

Those that I have been at the same restaurant as/seen while traveling/shopping/site-seeing:

- Cameron Diaz (fugly, has bad skin, and perpetually looks angry about something)

- Russell Crowe (and because he was in Toronto for awhile, I have so many Russell Crowe acting like a complete arse stories from friends and family)

- The cast of Degrassi: Next Generation (they had some function going on here and they were all in town)

- Vanilla Ice (remember him? LOL)

- Keanu Reeves (who isn't all that goodlooking)

.....I know I have met/seen others in passing, but if they were just "meh" or didn't do anything particularly interesting on either end of the spectrum (good/bad), then I tend to forget easily. Also, if they aren't people I would particularly take interest in, I generally don't care, lol.

Kim- the fact that you have met Stephen King, George Lucas, and Bruce Campbell makes me insanely jealous. They are really celebs that I geekily "heart". and most people wouldn't care about them, lol.

*amber*

i can't believe you saw the cast from degrassi the next generation in person! that's one of my all time favorite shows.

for me i've met john conley a country singer who was big in the '70's & 80's he was very nice. i've also met sonicflood a christian group that i love,&watermark another christian group that i love.
    ♥Stephanie

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

I've met some famous people...most were at my dad's theatre for some reason or another, others were from concerts and stuff

-Sean Hayes (Jack from Will and Grace)
    -Whoopie Goldberg
    -The Rock (they were filming atthe theatre recently)
    -Karen O (from Yeah Yeah Yeahs)
    -That drummer from Bauhaus
    -The Blue Man Group people (we were at some benefit thing)
    -All of boston ballet (okay i'm stretching it here...most people wouldn't consider them famous, lol)

There's more but i cant think of them right away. I'll put on my thinking cap...

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Welllll...I think the only famous person I met was Rue McClanahan (Blanche, from the Golden Girls, for those who are under 30 and never watch Lifetime)

I was related to Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders (by marriage: my husband's BIL's aunt) but nowhis sister and her husband just got divorced. So, I guess she's my ex-aunt-in-law, twice removed or something. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img] Never met her though. Bummer.

I've met Sean Astin several timesand got his autograph the first.I work for a shopping network and the other stages at the tudio are oftenleased to film companies, so I see many stars. Astin is a sweetie.I am a total fangirl so it was hard not to scream like an 8th grade girl. I met Cuba Gooding Jr once because he and Astin were both working on a project together. OMG double hotties!

I've also met William Petersen of CSI at the San Genarro festival here in L.A.. He was really nice, though shorter than I expected!

I've had the dubious pleasure of meeting Paris Hilton. Yes, she is really skinnier than she looks in her photos. And she's not too nice.

Who else...David Lynch, Rob Schneider, Holly Hunter, Elijah Wood (so hot), and Robin Williams (the nicest man in Hollywood)

Sarah - Pops........I think I may have just wet myself laughing at your post!

That has made my entire year!

Quote Originally Posted by christianne
    Hi there!

I know who Dave Mustaine is - I had a mad crush on him years and years ago when I was a fan of Megadeth!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Quote Originally Posted by xsarah-warahx
    I MET LEE FROM STEPS
    ooh yes I did. [img]smileys/smilies_14.gif[/img]

Sarah, you had me in stitchestoo! [img]uploads/images/tcsarah/741_rofl.gif[/img]

I was at a friend of a friend's barbeque in London some years ago now, and Steve Cougan was there (standing right behind me in the kitchen!), as he was good friends with the guy who was doing the barbie.

Ok, that's the best I can do, lol!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

hedge and tc .. thanks =p i think.. =p

I know you're jealous, like. =] xx

If anyone is a sports fan...I've met Franco Harris *Pittsburgh Steelers Hall of Famer*, and three bowling legends (Parker Bohn III, Frankie May, and Tom Baker)

I have all their autographs. Franco came to my high school when I was in 10th grade, and I met the bowlers when I bowled in the PBA Tournament (I was one of the lucky ones who got to go, won a raffle hehe, and I got to bowl with all of them!)

The guy who won Big Brother 6 is from my town, but I've never met him. Same with Zoe Burket .. who won Pop Idol one year or something.

And Darrien who won that Strictly Dance Fever thing, well hewent to my school and keeps coming back to say hello =\

And the other day, we went into the school hall, and he was there, dancing on the stage, to no music. =\ and he went 'Hi guys!'

As you do. =\

xx

Oh my gosh.. You guys have met alot of people!

Amber- Yeah, I am a huge nerd. Meeting Stephen King and Bruce Campbell were huge for me. (met them both at book signings) I used to work at a Lucas company, so I got to see George alot. That is where I saw most of the others as well, he had big parties. Oh, and I saw Keanu as well.. My friend dragged me to see his band Dogstar play. hehe.. Noting special there, and the band was really bad. They didnt even give Keanu a microphone, and I felt kinda bad for him..

--Kim

Quote Originally Posted by HDogg

Welllll...I think the only famous person I met was Rue McClanahan (Blanche, from the Golden Girls, for those who are under 30 and never watch Lifetime)

I was related to Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders (by marriage: my husband's BIL's aunt) but nowhis sister and her husband just got divorced. So, I guess she's my ex-aunt-in-law, twice removed or something. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img] Never met her though. Bummer.

You got to meet Rue McClanahan! I'm one of the few under 30's who loves to watch lifetime. Was she nice?
    ♥Stephanie

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

I met Rob Thomas (of Matchbox Twenty) and Willie Nelson. They are both very very nice guys.

ryan reynolds.......oh Crimegoddes.....he is HOT HOT HOT I have to watch him everytime Blade 3:Trinity comes on!!!!

Rue was nice, but she wasn't feeling well; she sounded all congested. She was in a musical up in Cleveland a few years ago-- Bye Bye Birdie. It was cool seeing her onstage. I used to be obsessed with the Golden Girls, lol. I was an ultra-cool hip twenty-year-old then. Not. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]