Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: The Movies

I was just wondering....when you decide to go to a movie, do any of yall ask another person who has seen the movie if there is any v** in it? I always ask and then get looked at like I'm crazy! lol I don't know if thats too extreme but it really worries me cuz I HAVE to know.

i don't usually ask but if i ever do go to a movie...which is rare....i really
    reaaaaaally wanna ask someone about it...
    ~viva~

i ask it or go to screenit.com (it says you have to pay but if you click no thanks you can view the site without paying anyway...if you click on the blood/gore section of the movie in question it will tell you all the gross stuff in the movie...including any v*)

Quote Originally Posted by helenhd
    i ask it or go to screenit.com (it says you have to pay but if you click no thanks you can view the site without paying anyway...if you click on the blood/gore section of the movie in question it will tell you all the gross stuff in the movie...including any v*)

thanx thats really helpful

YES I DO! I just found out that i am an emetophobe. I am 20 yrs old and i have never and i mean NEVER v* in my life! but i have the fear of it and one of the first things i do when i go to a movie is ask someone about that, so no, you are not the only one.

Ugh, I hate the way some v* scenes just creep up in movies, totally unannounced! So yeah, I like to be informed, too! If its comical v*ing, I can kinda handle it...as long as it's not graphic or violent or anything, I'm ok!
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

Most of the movies I see, I see on opening day so I don't really have a chance to ask if there is v* in them or not. Then again v* in movies doesn't really bother me that much. But I do have one friend that I ask if there was v* in a movie, she knows about my emet so she doesn't look at me weird. But I usually see everything before she does so it doesn't really matter. The only movie I haven't seen before her was Jackass 2 and someone already posted that there's A LOT of v* in it. But like I said, it doesn't really bother me cause I know it's fake.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

i always ask, but not everyone only confidential persons.

If there is a movie out that i want to see, I always wait until one of my friends has seen it first so they can tell me if there are any v* scenes. If there are, I won't go see it. I will wait until it comes out on dvd and fast forward through the scene. (although sometimes I have to rewind it and watchthe scenea couple of times and give myself a panic attack. I dont know why i do that). FOR ALL THOSE WHO HAVE NOT HEARD: If you are thinking about going to see Jackass 2. DONT! There is 11 different v* scenes in the movie. My friend went to see it and I told her to count how many scenes there were. I wanted to see the movie. But not anymore. One scene is ok but 11 is too much for me to handle.

Nowadays, if you are going to a horror movie or a "college" comedy movie (Jackass, 40-year-old Virgin, American Pie, etc.)---there will be at least one v* scene. It's a given. But almost all v* scenes are fake, or induced (as in Jackass). So, if you go to a movie like these, prepare to see v*.

If I go toa romantic, dramatic movie, then v* scenes are more of a surprise, therefore I could get upset by it. But with the horror or "college" comedy movies, I know in advance to expect v* scenes. You take the good with the bad. If 99% of the movie is funny or entertaining, it's worth it to see one puke scene. It's up to you, I guess.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't understand why there needs to be v* in any movie! lol leave something to the imagination!

I remember watching Are We There Yet and feeling so comfortable and safe that nothing was gonna happen cuz it's a kids movie ya know? Then outta nowhere that lil boy just v* all on the car window and I SCREAMED! and turned off the movie right there!

Just drives me crazy...there should be a caption at the bottom of the screen 5 seconds before hand lol

I seem to be different than everyone else in that v*ing for comedic effect upsets me more, because in my opinion there is nothing funny about v*ing.

About the only time I found a comedic v*ing scene funny was in Scary Movie 3. It was a spoof of a scene from 8 Mile. The timing and delivery of the joke part was just so perfect, that the humor actually managed to overcome my disgust. Think the difference was that in this movie it was the circumstances surronding the event that was the humor, not the v*ing itself like in other movies.

In most of those teen comedies it's the sophomoric humor that gross things are funny in themselves which I don't agree with, especially when it comes to v*ing.