Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Asalot of you guys know i've been having a BAD week. I'd been going so well with my emet in terms of being less anxious, less nauseous and thinking about it less. And i'd stopped having panic attacks. Last night i had one again when i felt sick! I really hope it's not my emet getting worse and that it's just all the emotions i've been having getting the better of me. I've been abit of a mess, so i can understand that i'm more susceptible to panic, as my emotions are already all crazy, but i just hope i'm not going backwards. Really i've been feeling kinda frantic for the last week, and for once i can't talk myself out of it... It sucks. It's like- i had control of my head and how i dealt with my emet, and now i feel like i'm losing that control and if i'm not careful i'll be just as anxious and panicked as i was a year ago.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I guess the first step was realising i reacted badly to feeling sick, now i just have to try and think differently next time. Sorry that was abit of a rant ay i guess i'm just abit down and had to indulge in feeling sorry for myself lol

Kayla

Don't you be hard on yourself!!! I bet it is just everything you are going through. You still have lots of hormones in you trying to figure themselves out with your loss. It will take awhile for you to be yourself again....give yourself the time and remember how strong you are. It very well might take a couple of months to feel physically better not to mention emotionally. I think of you often Kayla and sure hope the best for you!*hugs*

Amber

Hey there Kayla,

First of all - *hugs*! Don't apologise for the rant, its always good to get this sorta stuff off your chest.Even just writing it down probably made you feel better, right? ^_^ We all go through these ups and downs...the good thing is, the downs don't last forever! Emet can be a real pain - it catches a ride with things like stress and gives you something ELSE to worry about, just when you really don't need it, and feel like you can't cope with everything as it is!

Please don't feel like you're backpeddling, because you're certainly not [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]I was feeling so low a few months back that I went to see a psychologist for a couple of sessions, and she gave me some great advice for thinking positively. When you go through rough patches, you tend to dwell on the negative things, rather than the positive. I know its tough, but try thinking about all the times in your life where you've feltREALLY good, and emet's been the last thing on your mind. You CAN get back to being like that...I didn't think it was possible at first, but you CAN do it!

I really hope everything goes OK! Please feel free to drop me a PM anytime, I love finding other Aussies on this forum.

Take care of yourself xxx

~Julie
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

Thank you so much guys! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]I sure hope i do go back to feeling better! I'm just so friggin emotional... Julie you might know this ad on tv- the 'huggies' one? Everytime i see it i just lose it, it makes me so sad and feel so empty. But thanks for your kind words and support[img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]I think i just need time.

Kayla