Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: bad story

i have a few things that i think started my emet, this might b one of them.

this story might be graphic, but its been bothering me thinking about it so i want to share it because ti might make me feel better.

in 2nd grade i was sitting in class listening to my teacher, & i must of been listening very carefully vecause i didn't realize a boy sitting next to me was v*. someone at my table told the teacher the boy was v*. it was horrible..yellowish v* right next to me..all over the floor, desk, & him. i was brave back then & i didnt mind much..every1 in my class told me i was so brave because i didnt even move or get scared. i miss those days.

uh Im sorry...that is just icky...i asked my bf if he remembers kids
    getting sick in class and he told me now, but i remember tons of kids
    getting sick at school or on field trips, ect. i hope sharing is
    helping you feel less tense about it
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I remember those things too, that probably traumatized me and led me to be emet. Unfortunately I remember every single time in my life where I've been near someone v*.

Eww.. one of my earliest memories of peoplev* was a boy in my kindergarten class. (Sorry if this is graphic) Everytime he coughed, pretty much- he would v* everywhere! Heaps of it! I found it totally traumatising then and still get a horrible feeling when i remember it. When his name was called out to be in the same class as me in year one, i nearly died. He left the school a couple of years later, but i still remember his name, his face, and what his v* looked like vividly. You're not alone! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Edited by: glitta_fairy

Eww well I think this started it for me....I was in kindergraten and sitting at the table coloring, and the teacher put these big giant bins of crayons at each table. Well she put it right in front of me. But when I got up to get a crayon, I noticed that the boy sitting across from me had v* all over his paper and he was still trying to color. So I told the teacher and she freaked out and yelled at him to go to the bathroom. I think it was her reaction that freaked me out. She was a terrible teacher.

Yuck - how horrible, that would have traumatized me for sure.

I remember every single detail and every time somebody v*ed in front of me too. Even the times whenl had just started school so I would only be four/five -a girl in my class seemed to v* all the time, it was awful.

Mommykimmy, howterrible of that teacher to react in such a nasty way, I wonder if she made that boy emetophobic too with her reaction.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Yeah, remembering the details of it just makes you sick thinking about it....for me, it was kindergarten too...my best friend in fact...but it was very traumatic, and i have remembered in detail almost every single episode of v i have witnessed in my life...it sucks so bad to remember!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Tracey she was a terrible teacher so mean. She was yelling at him to run to the bathroom, he was 6!!! I'm sure he was scared enough without the teacher yelling at him. I think I can remember every instance where I have been exposed to v*. I hate it!!!!!

I remember 2 incidents vividly when I was about 7/8, once in the playground a girl v* and we all looked at it, uuurrggghhhh then she went home.

Then same year the girl next to me in class v* and it went up the leg of my chair, then they covered it with sand. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Even tho Im now 37 these memories are sharp in my head.

I believe this is when it reallt started for me.

Laney xx

I rode the bus to school when I was in elementary school and there wasthis kid who rode the busand got motion sickness every morning. He would V* almost daily and it traumatized me. I already had my fear at this point and seeing this just made it worse. I begged my mom to take me to school instead of riding the bus. I even told her why but she said that it was a ridiculous reason...she would walk me to the end of the driveway and make sure i got on the bus. It was horrible!

Quote Originally Posted by mommykimmie
    Tracey she was a terrible teacher so mean. She was yelling at him to run to the bathroom, he was 6!!! I'm sure he was scared enough without the teacher yelling at him. I think I can remember every instance where I have been exposed to v*. I hate it!!!!!

That poor littleboy must have been so upset and these things can stay with us for the rest of our lives. We had a mean, horrible teacher when we were six, she always seemed to pick on me for no good reason. She once yelled at me and sent me out of class to stand in the corridor because I used an eraser in my maths book! I had so many problems because of her - I would cry before going to school begging my mum not to send me and sleep walk and have insomnia at night. My mum went into school with me one morning to see the teacher as I was getting so upset, and she was even nasty with my mum -I remember herending up in tears too! Luckily all my other teachers were lovely!

- Japanese proverb

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary

I rode the bus to school when I was in elementary school and there wasthis kid who rode the busand got motion sickness every morning. He would V* almost daily and it traumatized me. I already had my fear at this point and seeing this just made it worse. I begged my mom to take me to school instead of riding the bus. I even told her why but she said that it was a ridiculous reason...she would walk me to the end of the driveway and make sure i got on the bus. It was horrible!

That must have been trulyhorrible to keep going through. It was bad enough going on school trips and seeing kids get travel sick (yes I remember every incident!). The worst was when I actually became good friends with somebody who suffered travel sickness and the dreaded day came when we had to go on a school outing. I was on teneterhooks the whole journey. Then on the way back she said the dreaded to me, "I think I'm gonna be sick." I went into full panic mode, but managed to hide it. The bus was stopped and she got off but then couldn't v* so had to get back on. The rest of the journey was hell wondering whether she was going to v* right there in front of me,I felt so trapped. I was utterly relieved when we made it back to school without her being ill, butI remember feeling so exhausted walking home from school that day as all the panicking had left me feeling so weak. To think I suffered like this and never told a soul. I never once admitted to anybody how frightened I was of v* until I was about 23, probably cos I felt like such a freak! [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

- Japanese proverb

It has been about 10 months since I have seen anyone v*.I was hoping to make it to a year but this past weekend that record was shot. I went to the Petit Lemans race with some friends. We rented an RV and stayed there at the track for 4 days. It it about an hour away from my house. Luckily my parents only live about 15 minutes from the track so I was comfortable knowing that if anything happened i had somewhere close by to go.We cooked out every night and my friends, and boyfriend would have some beers while we all sat by the fire. I dont drink (never have)...anyway, everyone was fine until one of my brother's friends got out the tequila. He started giving out shots and he gave one to my boyfriend. He drank it and immediately got up and v* in the trashcan about 5 feet away from me. I panicked and went inside the RV and triedto calm down. Then about 30 minutes later, i came back out and my boyfriend said he was ok and to come sit back down with him. I did, but was not very comfortable. i was watching every move he made. just as I was starting to calm down, my brother's girlfriend starting having an asthma attack. She coughed and coughed until she v*...she didn't even bother to get up and leave the campsite. She just did it on the ground right there where I was sitting. Luckily I had already gotten up and walked away. That was it for me. I packed my bag and headed to my parents. I panicked the whole way there and for a little while after.

Twice in one night by 2 different people! Too much for me to handle.

one time in kindergarten someone threw up on the back of my shirt! i stayed calm and didn't react, but the teacher made the girl's mom take it home and wash it for me

OH MAN! If someone had v*d on me like that I probably would have passed out right then and there. UGH!

I'm with MaryContrary!My husbands family had a little get together and well I guess we can say he had a little TOO much to drink that night. When we were driving home I noticed that look in his face ( I'm sure we know all know it) I asked him if I should pull over and he said no. I pulled over anyway and he said no, just go! I started driving and about 5 seconds later there was v* allover the place. Mind you I was on the freeway. I stopped right away and jumped out of the car. I couldn't breathe and my hands and feet went numb. I felt like I was going to pass out but if it wasn't for my husband getting out of the car and walking towards me I wouldn't have been able to get away from him. I was so scared that he was going to v* on me again. I didn't let myself pass out. I know I had to get home so I got in the car and cried hystericly the whole way home! I ran into the house and locked the bedroom door. The next morning I woke him him up at 5:30 in the morning, hoping he would be hungover and had him clean the car. I was fuming mad! Now if a kid wouldn have v* on me I would have not been alive probably, lol[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ***Elvia***

Grelvia>>>I had something similar to that happen to me. I went out to a club with some friends and they brought a new girl who I had never met before. My friends failed to tell me that she always gets puking drunk without fail. (they mentioned it as we were getting in my car to leave and the girl was staggering behind). Of course they made her sit up front with me. I looked at herandsaid very sternly "if you puke in mycar, I will kick your ass!" As we were leavingI immediately began to feel very panicked, but at the same time, relieved because i could keep and eye on her and pull over if i needed to. Well we had been driving on the freeway for about 15 minutes and we were getting off our exit, I looked over at the girl and she seemed fine. So i focused back on the road and then about 30 seconds later as we are merging onto the main rd I looked at her again and she had a mouthfull of v* and was trying to hold it in. I swerved off to the side of the road, reached over her and opened the door and pushed her out. As I was doing so, she v*d again and it got all over the inside of the door and the floorboard. She v*d a couple more times out in the grass and then came back to the car. I was so mad! I was so mad that i could not feel the anxiety. I rolled all the windows down and drove like a bat out of hell back to my apartment. I did not say a word the whole time. Once we got back, i got out of the car, went around to the passenger side, opened her door and dragged her out and told her to wait right there. i went inside, got some cleaning products and made her clean it up while she was still drunk. The next day, I made her pay for my car to be detailed. $180 for a very vigorous cleaning. the worst part of this story is that it was a brand new car. I had not even had it for a full 24 hours yet and it already smelled like v*!

Isn't that horrible! My car also smelled like beer for a few days afterwards it was absolutly n*ing! The worst part is that now I can't smell alcohol or people's alcohol breath because it takes me right back to that day.

I still can't believe you were brave enough to open the door for her and push her out! I would have never done that. I probably would have thrown her in the trunk, lol. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    ***Elvia***

I remember a lot of instances of kids v* at school, on the bus...I have visuals of seeing it in the hallways all covered up in that sawdust crap.... Blech...

I think the moment that caused my emet was when I was 2. I spit up a little and my mom was pregnant with my sister. She started gagging and she ran to the bathroom to throw up. She gaged and vomited a lot and it took her about 2 hours to get me cleaned up. I just stood there crying the whole time.

Even when I was very small I was afraid of vomit and gagging. When the cat would get sick I would hide under my blankets plugging my ears with my fingers because the sound of my mom gagging as she cleaned it scared me. I would stay there for hours not knowing when it would be safe to come out.

When I was 10, my parents sent me to summer camp. I was there for 3 weeks. In the middle of the first week we all walked down the trailthrough the woods to the fire pit. We roasted marshmallows and ate candy. On the way back to the cabin, one of the other girls v*d right infront of me on the trail. It was purple. I froze, closed my eyes and plugged my ears. I wanted to run but I could not move. I felt paralyzed. When we got back to our cabin, she v*d a couple more times and the worst part was that she was sleeping in the bunk next to me. I was terrified the entire 3 weeks I was there. I wanted to go home but the counselors would not let us call our parents unless it was an emergency. It may not have been one to them, but it was to me. Since I could not go home, I stayed as far away from that girl as I could. Even years later (went to school with her until 11th grade) I could not look at her without thinking about her purple v*! The image was burned in my brain for the longest time.

My older brother figured out that I had emet before I did. (he is 5 years older than me) He was so mean! He would hold me down and pretend like he had to v*! He would fill his mouth up with air so it looked like his mouth was full and make heaving sounds...sometimes he would even go as far as to mix up some fake v* and spit it all over me. I would run away and cry. He always did it when he was baby sitting me and when my parents came home I would tell them and they would not punish him for it. They just said that brothers do those kinds of things and to just not pay attention to him. I hated him for the longest time for doing that to me. I got him back though and he never fake v* on me again. I would tell you all what I did to him but its pretty graphic. If you want to know, just pm me and I will tell you.

marycontrary, go ahead an PM me, I enjoy graphic details as long as I don't have to see them

Quote Originally Posted by melissarene
    I remember a lot of instances of kids v* at school, on the bus...I have visuals of seeing it in the hallways all covered up in that sawdust crap.... Blech...

Yeah, that horrible sight of a pool of the dreaded covered in sand or sawdust, or just a chair placed over the top [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

- Japanese proverb