Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Norovirus

I myself have a few qeustinos regarding norovirus...I've seen the statistics that say by the age of 50,more than60% of people will have been exposed to the virus. By exposed do they mean " ill with", or do they simply mean, been in an area where the virus was around.

Another question...is it true that you have a greatchanceof never becoming ill with norovirus if you have good hygene, unless you get it from poor food handeling? Also does anyone know the probability of catching norovirus through foodpoisoning?

I've always also wondered out of all adults who catch norovirus, what percent of them never vomit and only have problems through the other end. Also, does anyone know how effective emetrol is? I've always wondered if someone became ill with norovirus, but took emetrol before the vomited...would it stop the nausea and vomiting? Also do motion sickness medications such as Dramamine stop vomiting due to food indiscretions or gastroenteritis such as norovirus?

Those statistics don't sound out of line to me. I think hygiene is only a part (although a large one) of preventing Norovirus or any other virus. For example, if you went out to a restaurant and the person who prepared your food had recently been ill and had not used proper hygiene, they could pass the virus on to you. Of course, if you never go out to eat, that wouldn't be a concern.

Please go to the sticky post at the top of this Q&A section entitled "An expert answers your questions...." You will find all your answers there!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.