Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Everyday we go on thinking if/how/when are we going to be sick,
    Its all kind of scary like thinking everyday when a bomb is going to be dropped on us
    Its a horrible feeling and everyone here feels it everyday for the most part.
    And then we get through the day finding we werent sick and we lived to tell about it..
    Im so fed up with doing this, going each and every day thinking how im going to be sick. I wish there was something special I could do to not think about it and then just be able to be up and happy. for the last 2 years I wake up every single day with my stomach hurting and I know it isnt a physical problem I have had countless trips to diffrent doctors just to be safe. And I know its all in my head, I wish that my stomach would just not hurt anymore. And I know im not sick at all since I feel like this everyday. I just wish that this would all go away and I could live normal again..
    Does anyone else here try to sleep as much as possible just to make the feelings go away? And how you all deal with this on a daily basis... Maybe im just way out there but I think im going crazy from this..

i have trouble sleeping..my bf was sick a few weeks ago, and im still
    on edge because im trying to cope and make it like it used to be, but
    its hard... i know where you are coming from i know most of us make
    ourselves sick hurting tummys. i dont know but sometimes its under
    control...when i eat well, sleep well, have fun, and exercise, then i
    seem to be fine, but its hard to find that place when im still stuck in
    the rut of feeling sick all the time.
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am fed up with this feeling too. I have been trying to sleep alot too. Just to try to escape the feeling.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am absolutely fed up too! I'm so sick of worrying about it. I have let down my guard quite a bit in the 3 1/2 years sinceI have had my kids, but it's still there. No matter how much I can kid myself into thinking that it doesn't bother me, it does and I hate it! No one I know, not even my hubby knows the extent of this phobia, and he wouldn't understand it anyway. I wish I could live my days normally, and enjoy.

Been tired of it for many many years...it just pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!![img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I know the feeling as well. When I took medication for anxiety it did help a lot. While I was still fearful I didn't panic nearly as much. I would like a different answer to it though. Rather than just medicating (though it can help) I'd like to be rid of the fear. I'm sick of being scared but more than that I'm afraid that eventually my children will also be fearful.

J.

I spent many years going to bed feeling s*, getting up feeling s* and feling s* all day.

Like Katethis bloodyphobia pisses me offbut I try to get by on the "if I get sick, I get sick" "whats the worst that can happen" mentality, it doesnt always work but I think having a positive attitude does help.Dont get me wrong, if a work colleague comes and tells me theyve just v* in the communal bathroom I would want to run far far far away aqnd likewise if it were my hubby I would probably run the 3 miles to my parents house buthey, Im trying!!!

Laney xxx

I used to sleep a lot to deal with my fear. it was my only escape but over the past year I have started having nightmares about v*. Sometimes it me v* and other times its other people. It started out as once a week or so but now its happening almost every night. I wake up in the middle of a full blown panick attack and usuallly end up pacing around my apartment for a couple of hours before I can go back to bed. I am just glad that my dreams are not like freddy krueger dreams...if it happens in the dream, it happens in real life. lol.

I don't know why this is happening. I wish it would stop. I love sleeping but this is ruining it and I am not fun to be around when I have not had enough sleep.