Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I know you all are probably getting sick and tired of me posting about pregnancy but I was just wondering how many of the mommies on here v* while pregnant ( if any did ). I appreciate all replies . Thanks a bunch!

p.s. the reason im so interested in because I want to become pregnant within the next 6 months . but probly not until about late feb.

I was pregnant when i was 18 yrs old.. needless to say i ended up miscarrying .. but anyways.. I did feel n* quite a bit and in the three months i v* one time. But it seriously wasnt morning sickness.. it was like morning noon and night sickness but for me it was worse at night for some reason. I know i should have kept eating small meals but i just felt so n* all the time!

It was wierd though when i did.. it just kind of happened and then the n* went away and i went back to bed.. i was tired ALLL day long when i was preggo couldnt get enough sleep and enough peanut butter sandwiches!

I can tell you what i experienced but EVERYONE is different. Some dont get too n* or v* at all! and some may get it just in the first trimester, and others like my ex's mother (father of my baby at the time) said she was n* and v* pretty much the whole 9 months! so everyone reacts differently with the new hormones.. it just kind of depends. My experience my first time is i was n* pretty much 24 hrs a day and v* one time but who knows my second time could be v* free...

Good luck!

hugs!
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

HI, when i was pregnant 2 years ago i had the n* pretty much all the time but you can control it to a certain extent by eating little and often and also getting up and down slowly especially when you get up in the morning... i used to wake up an hour early so i could just switch the telly on and nibble biscuits and a glass of water till i felt ok to get up... hope this helps.. im wanting to get pregnant too but im also scared incase i actually v* this time..
    ****** PROBLEMS CANNOT BE SOLVED AT THE SAME LEVEL OF AWARENESS THAT CREATED THEM...... Albert Einstein

I was a little n* at times during the first trimester, but I honestly don't know how much was just anxiety. Making sure I always had something in my stomach made it go away. I never v*d from it though. There are medications you can take that are safe during pregnancy if it does get bad.

I have had bad nausea all through and had two episodes where I have heaved and retched and just bought up the water that I was sipping but both times were hell. I am 28 weeks now and the next 12 weeks can't go quick enough. Make sure you are really ready because I am really struggling.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

I felt fine during my pregnancy--just extremely tired all the time. Only once did I feel n*, and I'm sure it was because I ate a huge, fattening dinner at a Mexican restaurant.
    I've heard that morning sickness tends to run in families, so you could always ask your mother how she felt while she was pregnant. My mother was never sick with me or my sisters, and none of my sisters felt ill while they were pregnant either.
    However, I wouldn't let the possibility of morning sickness scare you about having a baby. There are many medicines out there that can control or prevent n* if it becomes unbearable or intolerable, and there are also other ways (like eating crackers even before you get out of bed in the morning) that can help you too!

Never v* and I had it rough!

Thanks for all your replies they arevery encouraging !!!!

christianne - neither my mom nor grandma got s* while pregnant and neither did his mom but i dont think his side has anything to do with it . But if it does fun in the family I have a pretty good chance of being alright

I never did even through my rough stages..I just had horrible nausea and gagging to wear I thought I might V*
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

Scary...it makes me still want a baby..until I see my 1 month old neice spit up...then i dont, lol
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

loveable - ur tummy is so cute . i had to tell you that . it makes me want a baby even more !

Do you guys think that our mind (emet mind) has anything to do with our n* and s*ness while pregnanat because we are assuming things in our minds like we are bound to get ill.?

Maybe some but I tell you what morning sickness is powerful and has a mind of its own. My morning sickness was not in my head but the anxiety and panic about throwing up does not make it any easier. And like someone else said...it is usually all day sickness, don't be fooled by it being called "morning sickness." However I don't think this phobia should ever prevent you from getting pregnant. That is just sad to me. Life is to important, same as creating life.

Been through 2 pregnancies and no v*. i did feel n* in the first trimester, mostly in the evenings, but never came close to v*. Don't let emet get in your way if you want to have a child.
    Rubysoho, just to let you know, you get used to the spit up. Both my girls, especially the 2nd, spit up a fair bit, and it just became routine.

3 years ago I was pregnant, but had a miscarriage in the third month. I felt nausea all the time, but it was another nausea. I always had to eat "crisps" (potatoe-chips) and then i felt better. But women are different. it is unpossible to say who get morningsickness oder pregnancy-nausea at all.
    Vergangenheit ist es erst, wenn es nicht mehr weh tut!

i am not mum yet, but I know that my mum didint V at all when she was pregnet with me.

Quote Originally Posted by punchbuggy

loveable - ur tummy is so cute . i had to tell you that . it makes me want a baby even more !

Do you guys think that our mind (emet mind) has anything to do with our n* and s*ness while pregnanat because we are assuming things in our minds like we are bound to get ill.?

Thank you!! I love having it..however my comfort level is not too high...cant wait to get her outta there!! However i heard that most women will rub their bellies for a long time after they have their baby thinking it is still there. crazy!! I am going to be happy to get back to my size 4/6 but i sure will miss having that "inconvience" around!! LOL [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

Quote Originally Posted by rubysoho120
    Scary...it makes me still want a baby..until I see my 1 month old neice spit up...then i dont, lol

Spit up definately gets to me...when I see kids in the store or restaurants etc...However I keep telling myself that seeing my child spit up, or get sick is completely different than another childs...I will just have to stay strong knowing that MY daughter needs me to take care of her because she cant!! I guess that is one way I am going to try and get through it!! (if this makes any sense to anyone..LOL)Edited by: loveable101
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

I'm currently 3 months pregnant and it's been a little tough on me. I'm carrying twinsand it is really common for expecting mothers of twins to experience n* and/or v*. I have only felt n* almost everyday but luckily no v*. I pray I won't go through that and I pray I will be part of the lucky ones who have it only the first trimester. Anyway if you do decide to get pregnant you will get to know your body and what it likes and dislikes. Like everyone says, every woman is different and you will have to experience it to find out how you'll do.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I have 4 children. My first pregnancy I was only a little queasy in the morning and evening. A few crackers and a glass of juice usually did the trick. With my last three pregnancies I got sicker with each. I never vomited though. I just couldn't eat, I would shake from being so nauseous. I had to take gravol with my 4th for 5 months and it only just got me through the days. While that may sound discouraging I can honestly say it was worth it. There are a lot of things you can do to cope. I hope that you don't let this phobia stand in your way of having children.

J.