Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Time to v* ???

Okay I have a wierd little voice in my head at all times saying that since I havent been s* in so many years that my time is slowly ticking . I even get really nevous when people talk about just being s* with the flu or something and they ask me when the last time I got s* (with anything) was and I hate answering because I think Im going to jinx myself or something . I know thats really stupid but I cant help who I am . Do any of you experience this ?

oh yes...i definatly do that....i've told people then gotten a little feeling
    like my intuition saying "oh now you've done it!"
    especially this last month becuase i got s* at the end of september last
    year...i was even more on edge than i usually am....
    ~viva~

I am EXACTLY the same way. I usually have to "knock on wood" whenever I say anything that might jinx me!!

I actually wrote a response to a thread yesterday and ended up deleting it after I wrote it because I heard that silly voice in my head and got nervous that it would jinx me. I hate that. The irrational mind is such a powerful thing!

Julie

You don't need to worry, PunchBuggy. There is no such thing as being "due" for an upchuck. It is also silly superstition to worry that talking about how long since your last vomit will make it happen. (Or to worry that drinking out of the same color cup, or wearing the same clothes, or listening to the same music will make it happen.)

Even if you can't be done with your emet, leave your superstitions behind. You will be glad you did.

Actually, talking about vomiting, in as much detail as possible, can be very therapeutic for an emet.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am the same way...and my bf always tells me what Doug just said...but I did get really scared because I had a dream about my bf getting sick then the next night he did...it was really icky. And totally scared me. In the dream it happened after he drank a beer...and sorta in real life it happened too, only it was hours after the beer. BUt in the dream I hated him and was mad at him and ran away. When it happened i ran outside and got really scared, but i was brave and hugged him and was still scared outta my mind but i didnt hate him...but im still getting used to being close with him again. To make a long thing short...not your not crazy... i think like that too
    I love Sam

I do that too!!! Sometimes when im lying in bed at night and feel at my most n* I often think 'yes, tonight must be the night as I havent V* in so long - it must be my turn.' But I havent v* yet so it obviously doesnt work like that!

I agree with Doug - but its hard to make yourself think that way after so many years of torturing your mind with the fear of V*!

Love Jen x

Another intersting trate we have it seems. I tell myself not to think that way and my husband thinks that that is nonsense aswell.....BUT every single time i have said oh it never happens, or no I never have that problem, whether it be with V**** or not, it seems to happen. I too will lay in bed shaking so hard from the nausea and thinking " I am due" AND I deleted a message yesterday because I figuredI was safer not to write it.
    Sigh
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

yes. i hate that voice

ALL THE TIME, especially in the winter season when a lot of people get s*![img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    ***Elvia***

It's so odd to read your post because this afternoon I was thinking of posting a near identical message but I was scared to tempt fate by putting it out there. I'm not normally a very supersticous person but I always knock on wood when I think "Hey I'm doing good, I haven't been sick in X amount of time". I try not to even think it because it scares me and I start thinking that now that I've thought it it's going to happen. Or I think Oh no I haven't been sick in ages, it's got to happen soon!

While I don't wish this phobia on anyone it's nice to know I'm not alone in it.

J.

I think this all the time, once a day at least. The worst part for me is that I caught a really horrible *sv* 5 years ago after seeing my favorite musician perform. Now every time I see her, which is several times per year, I get so scared. The last show I went to, I was having such a bad panic episode I couldn't even enjoy the first half hour. Ikeep going, though. I am determined to beat this.

I feel the same wa, every time I say how long it's been since I've been sick I knock on wood....and yes sometimes I delete posts because of this. I know how all y'all feel!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

lol ya I literally knock wood, but I actually joke about it. like, my science teacher was REALLY sick today, and she's all "OMG I feel so crappy, I should've stayed home" and we were walking out the classroom (I stayed after to get help), and I'm all "oh I never get sick" and then I walked to the wall and knocked on it, since I know the walls are wood