yesterday at work, one of my co-workers told me that 4 people in my department had a stomach virus and had to call out. as most of you can imagine, this made me extremely nervous and scared. as soon as she left, i ran into the bathroom and started washing my hands like crazy, but i was still so scared being in the room. they could have touched anything, and it could be in the air! now i don't know if this is psychological or not, but some of last night and today my stomach has been bothering me. one of the girls who had the virus is gonna work tomorrow, and i'm supposed to work. well, it was bothering me so much before that i proceeded to call out because i'm just so paranoid. i thought if i got sick tonight or something, i wouldn't be able to go in. but even if i don't get sick, i don't wanna be in that area or around that girl in case she still has it in her system. my mom thinks i'm crazy & told me i'm overreacting, but wouldn't you do the same thing? or was i wrong in my decision?

also a few more questions...

when you get a stomach virus, are you immune to getting it for a certain amount of time? i thought i once read that if you get it, you won't get it for another year or something. i had a horrible one last year around christmas time, but that time is approaching, so i'm starting to worry about it coming back.

i mentioned this before, but can nausea be psychological? my mom says that i work myself up so much that i actually feel sick, but i might not actually be. can this really happen?

thanks guys