Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: The future

Okay, so up until today I thought I was the only person in the world with this fear. I feel so relieved that someone else out there might have gone or is going through, what I am feeling everyday at every moment of my life. Let me get to the point.

I am 3 months pregnant and it has not been what I expected. I have experienced n* everyday since I found out and it isn't uncommon especially because I'm expecting twins! I am so happy and super excited to know that I willhold my two babies in my arms in 6 months but it still can't get my mind off of the fear of not being a good mother. I fear not being a good mother when my babies get sick and we all know that it will happen. I think of scenarios of one v*ing, and me running out the door or hiding in the closet while he/she cries after me. Or what will happen when they both get sick. My husband said he would be there for them in that situation but how do you predict your child's sick days.

What I want to know is how some of the mothers out there handle situations like this? I need advice[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

HI there!

You are not alone! There are plenty of emet moms on this site who have been there/done that. They are all amazingly strong women who I'm sure have lots of advice.

I'm getting ready to start our family soon myself--in the next year or two, I hope. I worry a lot about my abilities as a mother, but I have no doubt that I will get through it. To me, and a lot of women on this site, motherhood is too great of a gift to let emetophobia control your choice to have children. Kids only throw up a few times a year, at most. So when it comes down to it, the rewards far outweigh the fears.

I'm sure you will find lots of support and love here! Welcome!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I dont have any advice really since idont have any kids but i just wanted to say welcome to the group! and congrats on the twins! that is exciting!

hugs

Kristin
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

Hi, I have 4 kids and amazingly it's gone ok so far. My kids DO get sick and I have to be honest, it scares the hell out of me. FOr some reason when my oldest gets sick I panic a lot more and I've never been able to deal with him getting sick. Luckily I have some supportive friends and family who have really helped out when he's ill. SO far there have been times when I've HAD to deal with my other kids getting sick and amazingly it's never as bad when it actually happens than I imagine it will be. It still scares me and I still want to run away but you know you can't and you do what you have to do. I try to keep it in perspective, yes kids get sick but not usually that often. For all the days they vomit you'll have many many days maybe even years where they don't at all.

Congrats on your twins

I know this is a little off topic but I know twins are more likely to come early. 3 of my kids were premature, if you ever want to chat feel free to PM me.

Best wishes,
    J.

Thank you everybody! I really appreciate it[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]. I'm glad to have found this site.
    ***Elvia***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yaaay, welcome!!! Twins, huh?! Hold on!! (I'm a twin, and I STILL hear horror stories).. congrats.. and gl
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

you can do it! I have 2 kids 12 and 8. My hubby is great when they are sick and takes care of them i make myself be in there with them because they still want me. I have had to do it alone as well. I know i can always count on the support from this group no matter what.