Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Is just me?

Even though I am afraid of v*ing or seeing someone do it, when someone does I become panicky but at the same time I am strangley intrigued and become fixated I find it hard to look away. Is it just me or have any of you had that happen?

Hi there!
    I think alot of us are the same way--I know I am! I tell myself not to look but end up doing it anyways. Of course, I regret it later when I replay the moment over and over in my head.
    I remember as a child being intrigued by it too. There was an instance where some girl had v*ed in the sink at school (yuck!!!) and I stood there looking at it--it's like I couldn't look away but at the same time I was absolutely horrified and felt shaky. Even reading books I would read and reread the passages where a character was ill--I read "Ramona Quimby, Age 8" around 100 times because there's a part in there where she has a sv.
    I'm not sure why I do this but I absolutely hate it.

i feel the same exact way. at school last week a guy v* during lunch into a garbage. & i was shaking & like i was so scared, but i looked at it & couldnt take my eyes of watching him.

I read the exact same book! I remember the passage clearly. She V*d on her desk and the teacher lead all the students outside while they werepinching their noses and waving their hands infront of their faces. I did the same thing. I would reread it over and over again. i would do the same thing with movies. If someone v*d, I would rewind it and watch it over and over again. I don't know why I do that, it only makes me more afraid but my curiosity just wont let me stop.

was that line from the book Ramona Quimby age 8????

Yep! LOL...I take it you read it as well?

hahahhahah omgoshh i read that line also & almost had a heart attack!! lol..then after that he rmom picked he rup from school & in the cab she was scared she would v*...it was horrible lol

I think I still have that book somewhere at my parents house. I used to look at it and read that passage whenever I visited them. they have since cleaned out the bookshelf it was on and put the childhood books in the attic. i am going to see if i can find it next time i visit them.

There are a lot of movies that come to mind too...

1. Problem child 2

2. The sand lot

3. Stand by me

4. The great outdoors

5. Team America World Police

6. Jackass

7. American Pie

8. Wedding Crashers

Can you think of any others, I know there is more but I am drawing a blank right now.

Omg that v* scene in Stand by Me is so bad-I don't know if i'll ever be able to watch it. Which sucks causeI LOVE that movie- it's so sweet! Jackass just disgusts me- i used to watch the tv show and feel panicked the whole time. I remember one scene where they took turns to v* into a bowl- it's just wrong.

I totally remember watching the Ramonia movie and her riding in the cab
    for the first time and being scared of being sick in the cab...and i
    remeber being so grossed out but the v* sence in stand by me...it still
    grosses me out, i remember it made me feel sick when i was little....
    thats so strange...i forgot about them
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It always makes me laugh when I do this also, if I spot v* in the street I will hold my breath for ages but feel compelled to stare at it, and likewise if I see someone v* as well.I also reread stores and articles about v*, this year there were some photos in the paper of David Beckham and Andrew Murray v*, my hubby said dont read the sprts pages which just meant I had to, i then spent ages staring at the pictures, my hubby says Im his"little freak" (in a nice way, Im very lucky cos he understands)

I guess its keeps me sane by laughing (not at the time though, afterwards) and trying not to take life too seriously.

Laney xx