Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi guys. I'm really scared right now because I started having diarrea a lot tonight.

I'm Canadian and today it's Thanksgiving for us. I have to admit I ate like a pig. Shortly after I finnished eating I ran to the bathroom to have diarreah. I felt much better briefly and then I was back on the toilet. I've gone about 6 or 7 times now.
    I got the chills and I felt really dirty so I went to have a shower, while I was in the shower I got really nauseous. I had to get out. I almost got sick but I didn't. Now I feel ok and then crazy nauseous back and forth and I still have diarreah. Is this SV?
    I'm so afraid I can't stop shaking. I took an anti emetic but so far it's not helping.

Help please, I need encouragment I'm scared to death. I swear I would prefer death to being sick.

J.

Usually when an anti-emetic doesn't work it is because you are so freaked out, your anxiety is so high, which will cause you to have diareha and nausea. I am sorry you are feeling so bad, were you thinking bad things soon after you ate or while you were eating?

One time I could have swore I had apendicitis and I freaked myself out so bad it was horrile, I took an anti-emetic and than I was even more worried because it wasn't working and my anxiety got higher, After about an hour of taking it and still feeling horrible I was like "I have to calm down and figure out if I have to go to the hospital" and I just sat on the couch and stared at the TV and sure enough it kicked in and I started to feel better, my belly was a bit shaken for the rest of the night and the following day because I had myself so worked up. I know it is hard but try to take your mind elsewhere. I also get very nauseated in the shower if my anxiety is high. I hope I helped a little bit, and I hope you are feeling better soon [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I dont think it is the sv* you may have eaten something that did not agree with you or you may have eaten to much greasy food. I know alot of emets don't eat that much to begin with. If you are that way then maybe you overate and your body is not used to having so much food in it all at once. If it were the sv* you wouldn't have been hungry in the first place and the site of food would have mad you feel sick. I hope you are feeling better!!!
    Christi
    *^**^***^****^*****^******^**
    Proud Mommy to Zachary

Hi Jill. I hope you are feeling better soon. Diarrhea very soon after eating is almost certainly not caused by what was recently eaten. You ought to consider it a definite possibility that you have a virus.

Unfortunately, having recently eaten a large meal will make it harder for an oral anti-emetic pill to be absorbed. You might try relaxing as best you can until your nausea passes. Be careful not to upset your breathing as I discuss in the Vomiting FAQ on the link below.

It might turn out to be nothing. It usually isn't in the case of emets. Be strong. We are all cheering for you.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm not sure if this is relevant but hopefully it will bring you some
    relief. My mom told me the other day that your brain is so powerful
    that it has made some women who think they are pregnant and wish to get
    pregnant so much that their stomachs have actually grown to a nine
    month size!!!!!! Your brain is very powerful, try not to let it trick
    you. Feel better

Well I got worse and ended up going to the hospital. I was so dehydrated that I'm surprised they didn't keep me and put me on IV but I'm doing ok now. The doctor said it looks like sv but I'm not sure. I have a very sensitive tummy and a lot of things set it off. Not to mention that I did eat a lot more than normal and it reminded me of another thanksgiving when I was pregnant and I got very sick after dinner. I think it was at least in part a bit of a panic attack.

The oddest thing though, i didn't notice it before I went to the hospital but the doctor asked me if I had a rash on my tummy before I got sick. I looked down and I had the weirdest rash. Like tiny little lines, dark red. I thought maybe it was from holding my tummy with my fingers, maybe it was my nails but the tiny lines were way too small for that. It was very strange. It's gone today.

Jill

Jill, that is awful. You should keep consuming liquids enough to not get dehydrated. Please let us know how you're doing. We all want you to do well.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Oh no how rubbish for you! I hope you feel much better soon, you seem to have handled this really well though, well done! x
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm

Sorry that happened to you...what did they say the rash was about? Are you all better?
    I love Sam

I still feel a little off but I'm doing much better. The worst thing about getting sick like this is the lingering fear of it comming back. Luckily I didn't vomit but I think that was mostly a lot of self control. It's been about 12 years since the last time I vomited. I remember that afterwards I felt so much better and I thought "Hey that wasn't so bad". It's funny how fast you forget, or maybe it's not so much that you forget but it just seems unreal. I told the doctor at the hospital that I am phobic of vomiting and he said "Well I don't think anyone likes it". He just didn't understand how traumatic being sick is to people like us. I guess few people really understand.

I really hope one day I can beat this phobia, it seems so impossible. Anytime I get sick like this it really sets me back.

As for the rash, the doctor only asked about it. I have no idea what it was about. I've never had a rash like that before.

Jill