Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I dont know about the rest of you but my emet gets really bad at night. During the day I am ok, I don't really think about it that much but as soon as it starts getting dark my anxiety level sky rockets. I don't know why this happens. The only reason I can come up with is because everytime I have v*d in my life, it happened at night. Does that make sense? Or am I just afraid of the dark too?

No that makes complete sense, it makes it harder to relax after dinner becosof previous memories. Im now in my 30'S but I remember spending most of my teen years saying to my mom at bedtime, "i dont feel well.......... I think Im sick, can I have a tablet(aspirin I used to sneak out of the medicine chest) .

Now obviously I have my own place but I still dont sleep well, I awake most night around3-4pm in a panic, when I realise Im feelingok I drop back to sleep but never feel like I had a good nights sleep.

Laney xx

that is what happens to me too...I always wake up around 3 or 4 feeling very anxious. I usually pace around for a little while and once i feel tired again i will go back to bed. I don't think I have slept an entire night through in about 5 years or so. I always wake up at least once if not more.

I never sleep well, im married but hubby and I frequently sleep in sperate rooms (its not an issue as everything else in our relationship is fine and he understandas my emet) but i cant sleep without the tv on and he cant sleep with it on.I need something in the background to take my mind offissues tohelp me crash out and if I awake and the tv is off I cant get back to sleep!!!!!!!I end upwatching hours of news stuff just to sleep.

Imv lucky to have a hubby that understands me and my emet stuff.

Maybe I should clone him!!!

Laney xx

I cant sleep without the tv on either. I find the flickering light and people talking to be comforting. I think that is because when I was a child, the house was always full of people and there was always lots of background noise and 2 or 3 tv's going at once and when it got quiet, it meant something was wrong or everyone was gone. I did not like to be alone when i was little. The tv is my friend who is always there lol.

My boyfriend is very understanding about my emet. He has stomach problems (severe GERD) and he is very considerate of not v*ing around me if he needs to. He will go outside or in the other bathroom at the other end of the house and usually does not tell me if he v*d. He does not have the fear but he understands how one could develop it. Some guys I have dated in the past picked on me about it or thought that i was really weird and would criticize me for it (they instantly got kicked to the curb)

Maybe you should clone your hubby. There are not many guys out there who understand. Luckily I found one.

I think we should consider ourselves lucky, so many people on here have other halfs/partners or familythat do not undertand the fear or phobia.

I must say tho its nice to know that Im not the only one who cant sleep w/o the tv on.

We laugh as my hubby as an issue with dog poop, doesnt like to see it, smell it, remove it from shoes etc, now I dont either but Id rather do that than ANYTHING asociated with v*, sometimes I just feel thatn werejust a pair of freaks that belong together!!!

Laney xx

You are right. There are so many people I have come in contact with (friends, family, co-workers) who never understood emet and never will. I am just glad that I found this website! It has helped me so much to know that I am not alone in my weirdness.

When I first me my boyfriend, we dated for a while and then one night he spent the night and to my surprise, he asked me if i could leave the tv on! I was so relieved that he could not sleep without it either. I said "thats 1000 brownie points for you Jonnie" and went to sleep feeling quite happy. lol

Maybe we should clone the pair of them, oooohhhh cd make lots of money (gotta keep your sense of humour!!!!)

AnywayIhope you will find this site as much of a help as I have, if you want to chat PM me, im on here most evenings (depending on the day at work Ive had)!!!

LANEY XXX

Ok. I will do that.