Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Triumph!!!!!!

Hi guys, I have been reading through this site a lot lately and feel really inspired in a weird way. Like evryone saying how they feel like they have no control and are just so depressed because this is not enjoying life. So in some weird way it has given me a little push. I know that I have to go out and enjoy my life, I can't be scared of this forever. So today When I woke up I grabbed my dog and took her for a walk. The route I take is about 20 minutes and I am aware of that but usually I will not even think about going without a bottle of water and gravol in my pocket. Today I just left, no gravol, no water.... no problem. It was great, I sort of felt panicked as I got farther away from home but just told myself I was fine and kept saying what a beautiful day it was and it worked... I am so thrilled that I made it!!! yay [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

good for you!!!!! I like your attitude!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

great job thats a huge step!
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

It's all about baby steps. Try going a littel farther from home every week. You'll be suirprised how well you do.

Great job, keep on fighting!

Thats really good. These things are all steps in the right direction. I'd be really interested to know of any other things you do that are like that.

Katie

Thanks everyone! I am trying so hard to come up with a way out of this. I mean I got myself here so I feel (just my opinion) that I am the only one who can get me out. I try and test what really makes me nervous, even if it is only for a second I just test it! Consistancy is really the only way any of us are going to succeed in overcoming this. Right now my biggest thing is to completley remove the gravol and the bottle of water, I mean at one point in my life I did not need these to come anywhere with me and I never did vomit so I just try to think with that in mind.

I usually try to go for a walk or take a drive up the road with the music on really loud. ( the music helps me forget the is no gravol in my hand, and if the music is good enough I may even be able to get a bit farther [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]). Sometimes I will try to go over to see my grandparents and that one is real tough because I never know what I will end up helping with over there, but again I make it through these. It's just this is our constant thought and we have drug ourself into this position where we are not willing to help ourself get over this because that might mean that someday we actually will vomit (and thats not even true). I think testing myself is doing great so far, I was just going down hill so fast and just finding my life less meaningless everyday but I realized the reason it was like that was because I gave my mind that power and allowed it to take over but I know, no matter what it means, I am ready to do this in all the ways I can. The best place to start is to test your self. I have made a forum, nothing compared to this one but it is just a place where you can set some weekly goals and stuff like that if anyone would like to check it out http://scaredtovomit.myfastforum.orgEdited by: tootsieroll