Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Sometimes I cant tell if i am hungry, n*, bloated or what. I heard somewhere that emets can sometimes become too self aware thus making it difficult to discern between different sensations in the stomachand digestive tract. Sometimes I panic, thinking that I am n* but i am really just hungry. Eventually I figure it out and if i was hungry and not n* I feel like a complete idiot. Do any of you have that happen?

I think you'll find that most people on here share this experience with you.

I always suggest to clients and others here to try to write down in a journal exactly every body sensation you feel. Then, 24 hours later, be sure to write beside it "I was not sick". Keep doing that, day after day. Describe the feelings as thoroughly as you can....including how your head feels, your limbs, whether you're in pain, dizzy, etc. Is it in your upper stomach, your bowels, what side do you feel it.. is your mouth dry or salivating, etc. How's your breathing, heart rate, etc....

Eventually if you keep careful track the cerebral cortex (thinking part) of your brain will start to "get it" and you will no longer be afraid when you feel those feelings.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks Sage, I will try that. I want to get my body back in order again and hopefully this will help

That happens to me a lot..but usually its in the morning when i first wake up i just feel n* but i make myself eat..and i eat every three hours for good health and easy digestion????
    I love Sam