Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi there!
    I had a truly horrible experience today, and now I'm shaking so badly I can barely type. This maybe kind of graphic for some--I know it was for me!!!
    It's a beautiful day here in Chicago today, so my sister and her kids and my son decided to go to one of those pumpkin places. It had a haunted house and carnival rides and games--usually I don't have too much of a problem with the rides but I just steer clear of them.
    Anyways, we did some games and bumper cars and so forth, and while we were waiting in line for some popcorn this little girl RIGHT NEXT TO ME starts to v*!!!!! And it got on my freaking SHOES!!!! Her mom was standing there doing absolutely nothing except looking on in horror, as by that point I was too! It was so horribly gross (I'll spare you all the intimate details) and I could see, hear, smell everything. Like I said, I'm still shaking from it.
    When the girl was done v*ing, her mom turns to me and says, "Well, you know how kids are!". No, "I'm sorry" or "Let me pay for your $60 tennis shoes" or anything!!! So she cleans her up, and then stays in line to ORDER herself some food!!! WTF???? I was 2 seconds away from slapping her silly and telling her to get the f**k out!!!
    At that point I was in the beginning of a serious panic attack, so I grabbed my son, told my sis and her girls bye and left. On the way I threw my $60 shoes and socks in one of the garbage cans and coated my hands and my sons with antibacterial gel.
    So, there I was---walking through gravel and rocks in bare feet!!! I could barely breathe, my heart was pounding and I was shaking so bad my son started to freak out.
    I'm such an a**hole!! I scared my son half to death and subjected him to my near breakdown and now I feel awful. After we got home I started to calm down a bit, but I'm still replaying it over and over in my head.
    Oh, I wish this would stop already!!!!
    Sorry for the long post, but knowing you all are out there and understand me makes me feel better already!!
    Thanks for listening!!!!

Wow that's terrible! I don't know what I would have done! I would have run the hell away but I don't have kids. I would have freaked out. I remember this time in grade school where there was this girl who threw up behind me and got some of it on my shirt. I was screaming and freaking out....It's been a VERY long time since I've actually seen someone else vomit but that's because I severely limit the activities I do. Just recently I actually went to 6 Flags while I was on vacation and no vomit. I would have done the same thing as you, throw away my shoes and socks and everything. I'm sorry this happened to you.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Poor you, that must have been terrible for you. It is no wonder you started to panic. I am surprised the mum was not more apologetic to you. Well I hope you soon manage to stop replaying it in your mind. It is horrible when that happens. I am so sorry you had such a bad experience.

I would have smacked the lady and tell her shes a horriable mother
    because apperenly she doesnt care that her child is sick and only cares
    about herself...which is f***ed up! and gross to expose people to her
    sick kid. and about your shoes I would have demanded the lady buy me
    new shoes if i was you. sorry you had to go throug that...i hope you
    feel better
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm so sorry you had to see that! It is somewhat traumatizing, and hard to get off your mind, I know.

Almost the sane thing happened to me a few months ago, in a tire shop, a little boy was sitting next to us, then got up, walking to the door while v*-ing into his hands. Well, most of it was coming out of his hands and almost got our feet! UGH!

I, to this day, get very squeamish around little kids. I had a business meeting today at Starbucks and there was a boy at the table next to me who was leaning his head on the chair and the table. I almost left, not wanting to be there if he was s*! I was on edge for the whole one hour meeting!

I am also sorry about your shoes---what a bummer!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

u r are not an asshole...youare and emet. i would have done the same thing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi there!!

Thank you all so very much for your replies---I do feel better about all this now and alot of it is because of all of you! You are all so wonderful!!!!
    Even though I'm a mom, I'm ALWAYS nervous around other children too! Like californiagirl, when I see kids that look like they could even remotely be ill I get really anxious. The girl that v*ed by (wait, I mean ON) me today looked fine! She had just gotten off one of those spinny rides that are shaped like apples. I hate those things!!!
    And yes, my shoes! I had just bought them a few weeks ago and they were my only tennis shoes. Still, there was NO WAY I was keeping them after the girl was finished with them!!! I'm sure people watching me run to my car barefoot were thinking I was a freak!
    Again you all, thank you for being there. Thanks for making me know I'm not the only one and I'm not an awful person. You have no idea how happy I am that I found this site....well, maybe you all do!!!
    Take care!!!

christianne,

I'm right with you girl! I would have done exactly the same thing except I would have been running faster than a speeding bullet! You have done nothing wrong, so don't think that is the case!

What you have to do now, is try your hardest not to rehearse today's events in your head. Remember that replaying it in your head serves nothing, but to maintain your anxiety. Distract yourself by watching a movie, talking to a friend on the phone, cleaning your house etc. Tell yourself that you survived it and are still here. Tell youself, "It was gross and disgusting, but not dangerous. I am not in any danger."

Hang in there, it is over now.

happyteacher

Oh my goshwhat a horrible experience, i feel for you so much. There is nothin wrong with the way you acted though, in fact, you probably stuckaround much longer than I would have! I suppose you have to look at this positively, it happened but you are still here and you're ok, well done you! xx
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm

Thats just awful, I cant imagine being in a scenario like that.

Lat time I saw and heard it happen, I was about 10 feet away and was in a complete panic for the restof the afternoon, I was at lunch at the time and |I dont think my hubby has ever had so many text messages in the space of 10 minutes!!!

I can still (unfortunately) see and hear the event like it was yesterday!

Laney xx