Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

There is a new song out by a band called Showbread titled "Oh Emetophobia." However, there is nothing about emetophobia in the words. Maybe it's about a lover named Emetophobia? (What kind of person would name their child that? Oh, never mind. I got in trouble for saying something like that here before.)

Dance with me baby, let me hear your voice
    Oh if I didn’t wanna fall for you I never had a choice
    Smear the makeup on my face
    run your fingers through my hair
    I can not keep my heart from you and I don’t even care
    Yeah, you turn me inside out
    You make me shake and I can’t stop
    You give new meaning to drop dead gorgeous
    And I’m about to drop

You are a song to me
    And every note of every chord will set me free
    There’s no time before you came alone
    Three cheers for the end of twenty one years
    Nothing else is going wrong

Reverberate and complicate my evenings and my days
    And I will only love you more
    I will count the ways
    Dance with me and when you see my pulse beneath my skin
    It’s racing now, I don’t know how to hold the burning in
    You’ve taken from me my defenses
    My will is under attack
    And baby when I wrap my arms around you
    I feel the bones in your back

Oh yeah, your voice is like music
    It’s music to my ears
    I’m not dying anymore, I’m alive baby!
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I found that before while doing a google search or something on emet. What a random song it is lol
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

just my opinion but maybe the singer has emets and he's singing about how this new love of his is helping him get over it? Making him stronger? like the part that says you've taken away my defenses, every note from every chord will set me free (free from emets?) 3 cheers for the end of 21 years? Maybe after 21 years of having emets he's finally found someone who makes him feel beter bout it? Who know but thats just my anaylasis on it, could be totally wrong!

Katie

Yeah that doesn't really make much sense. I wouldn't think any song about emetophobia would have a romantic tone.

EDIT: Okay I searched online for interpretations, and one said that the girl who this song is about actually suffers from emetophobia. I'm not sure if it's true, but it made a certain amount of sense why it's titled that if so. Plus, the part about when he says he can feel the bones in her back...maybe that means she's skinny from food avoidance due to emet?

Edited by: chicajojobe

hah i'm being my english teacher here and reaching for metaphors...maybe he is talking about emetophobia as his "love', because many emetophobes (including me) often almost rely on their emetophobia. Like, ultimately they're afraid to give it away and just face their fear. so when he says "Oh I didn’t wanna fall for you I never had a choice" it's kinda like now that you're here i cant give you up. Of course, this is basically the only line in the song that does that...[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Ugh i've been close reading A Farewell To Arms in english class for too long.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!