Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Just a heads-up, I heard on the news this morning that some lettuce is being recalled due to the possibility of e-coli in the water used for the crops.I believe it was lettuce from the same area as the infamous spinach. I don't want to cause a panic, just to let everyone know so they can be careful, I know a lot of people on here have little ones. Last I heard, there were no confirmed cases, they were just recalling the lettuce as a precaution. http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/s...009-1157-ca-le ttucerecall.html

There is a link to an article about the recall.

Edited by: daffodil

Thanks for the info...icky this is why I dont eat salad any more...just cooked veggies!
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Same here. I have a three year old and a 17 month old, and most of the veggies they eat are cooked, b/c this stuff scares me.

UGH---I just heard this yesterday, and had to throw out 2 heads of lettuce! Bummer, because I have yummy dressings, croutons, and bacon bits, which were supposed to be for some salads this week

This crap is getting really ridiculous!!!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Jeez, and I eat a salad every day with my lunch =[

Time to switch to something new. Maybe us emet-phobes can make up some tasty substitutes? lol

This whole e-coli in veggies thing is terrifying. That just blows my whole "vegetarian food is safe food" mindset. Ugh!

There was also a news break that there is an ecoli out break on in ground beef and carrot juice. Thats what im hearing on the local news here in FL...So just cook everything through and through? Wow sucks to want to eat healthy nowadays..First spinach now lettuce. The only safe thing to eat now is bread!

That is pretty scary. Maybe this will be of some reassurance though:

It is only in a particular area that this is happening, and the article says that

"The recalled lettuce was packaged as “Green Leaf 24 Count, waxed carton,” and “Green Leaf 18 Count, cellophane sleeve, returnable carton.” Packaging is stamped with lot code 6SL0024. "

That's because this lettuce was from the place where the e-coli was located. This means that, really, it's only that type that is possibly diseased, so, dont stop eating all your veggies yet!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wonderwhen?
    First spinach now lettuce. The only safe thing to eat now is bread!
    I know it seems that way, but Anya made a good point, that it is only lettuce from a particular farm, and there is no confirmation that the lettuce itself is tainted, just the irrigation water.

Thank you so much Anya for clearing that up for me! I've been eating lettuce for the past few days and started to get a little nervous and panicky about it. Thankfully that's not the kind I've been eating.
    Thanks for the reassurance!!!!