Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

If you could have any other phobia, which one would you choose? Go to this link and look at all the different phobias and choose one.

http://phobialist.com/index.html

I think i would choose Auroraphobia- Fear of Northern lights. They can be seen in alaska and I have no interest in going there, and I have only seen them on tv like 2 or 3 times in my life on the discovery channel and 2 times in movies. Sounds pretty safe to me. lol

Probably agoraphobia, so I wouldn't be able to go out in public and deal with rude people in traffic and rude, inconsiderate people everywhere!!! I would be perfectly contant in my own home.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

thats a good one. I would have chosen that one but I work from home and never really go anywhere anyway. lol. I feel lucky but sometimes i get lonely.

Hi there!

I think I'd rather have just about ANY of those phobias than have emetophobia!!
    Still, if I had to choose one I'd pick Hominophobia---fear of men. Maybe if I was afraid of them I wouldn't have made so many mistakes and had so much heartache and heartbreak over the years!!!

Wow I didn't realise there were so many! [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]Some of them are really strange!

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary
    thats a good one. I would have chosen that one but I work from home and never really go anywhere anyway. lol. I feel lucky but sometimes i get lonely.

I work from home too---partly because I have no patience for dumb office politics and partly because of my emet .

Do you mind me asking---what type of work do you do? I am a freelance/contract Paralegal, and I love it.

Oh yeh, and it does get lonely, but it is sooooo worth it, not to have to put up with coworkers drama and all of the sv worries.Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Yeah I enjoy staying home and knowing that I am not surrounded by sv germs. lol. I am also a night owl and have never been able to wake up before noon and function. (mainly due to the fact that my anxiety gets really bad at night and I spend half the night panicking and pacing around in my apartment)

I am a graphic designer. I used to work in an office but I convinced my boss that it was really pointless for me to be there because everything could be done via email. After a couple of weeks of badgering her, she finally agreed. I was so happy! There was a girl who was an intern there and she was always coming in hung over and v* in the bathroom half the morning.

that is gross...they let her stay? I think I would choose....</span></font><a name="A-"> Apeirophobia- Fear of infinity...</a></font><a style="font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;" name="A-"> seems easy to eascape....Fear of prostitutes or venereal disease that one is funny....</a></font><a name="A-"></a></font>
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you could have any other phobia, which one would you choose? Go to this link and look at all the different phobias and choose one.

http://phobialist.com/index.html

I think i would choose Auroraphobia- Fear of Northern lights. They can be seen in alaska and I have no interest in going there, and I have only seen them on tv like 2 or 3 times in my life on the discovery channel and 2 times in movies. Sounds pretty safe to me. lol

Ugh. No. I have seen the Northern Lights and they are incredible!!!!

I'm on with Zemmiphobia- Fear of the great mole rat

I'd rather have had "fee-fi-fo-fum-ophobia"....fear of beanstalks
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

SAGE&gt;&gt;&gt;I don't recall seeing that one on the list but it should be lol.

I know like everyone would want a different phobia but think about it this way. We have irrational thoughts and behaviors that other people don't have due to our Emet. So if we had any other phobia, even fear of the northern lights, it would find a way to intrude into our lives some how you know? So it's either live with this phobia or another one, it would still all be the same wouldn't it?

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Yeah I thinkour minds would find a way to obsess over it... If it was that beanstalk one we'd probably bescared of strange looking beans that might turn into a huge beanstalk... and the posts on this forum would be like "Help, I'm sure a beanstalk's growing-a giant's going to come down and get me!" lol that'd be weird.

I dont think it would be the same. Yes irrational thoughts and obsessions would still occur but I would much rather have a phobia of something did not have to do with my body. I can control the fact that I will never travel to alaska and see northern lights, but I can't control if i v* or if someone else v*. Most of the other phobias on the list are something you can run away from (spiders, snakes, beanstalks)but you can't do that when the fear comes from something inside you.

I think if i was afraid of something that did not concern the involutary actions of my body, i would have a lot less panic attacks and would be happier. it would give me the control that I am afraid of not having.

I would just ask myself this question-would I like to go to alaska-No... or would I like to v*- certainly not but I can't control it just by saying "no". It would most likelystill happen. It would be nice if my body could give me a choice.

I would choose to be scared of purple dotted high heels with smiley faces on them. Because how often would you come across that and they do sound scary.

I dont think it would be the same. Yes irrational thoughts and obsessions would still occur but I would much rather have a phobia of something did not have to do with my body. I can control the fact that I will never travel to alaska and see northern lights, but I can't control if i v* or if someone else v*. Most of the other phobias on the list are something you can run away from (spiders, snakes, beanstalks)but you can't do that when the fear comes from something inside you.

I think if i was afraid of something that did not concern the involutary actions of my body, i would have a lot less panic attacks and would be happier. it would give me the control that I am afraid of not having.

I would just ask myself this question-would I like to go to alaska-No... or would I like to v*- certainly not but I can't control it just by saying "no". It would most likelystill happen. It would be nice if my body could give me a choice.
    I completely hear you on that one. I have a phobia of loud noises that is just as bad (or maybe even worse) than my emet, but it doesn't affect me near as bad as emet because *I* control if/when I am around loud noises. Sometimes it is a problem, but its not near as pervasive as emet, because I can't exactly take out my stomach and put it on a shelf and walk away from it.

I was in treatment with a guy years ago who was terrified of small cups and saucers. Like espresso cups, I guess.

Anyway, it completely destroyed his whole life and it was the only thing he feared.

How about this one: "lintophobia"......the fear of bellybuttons
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

thats a pretty good one sage..lol

Hey Sage, hmm I dont think Id want that fear because we all have to have belly buttons, so then Id be afraid of myself again, ugh and going to the beach would be a nightmare!![img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

HmmmI'm not so sure I would chose to have any of them. But I suppose Medomalacuphobia would be alright. I don't really have to worry about loosing an erection. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]My gosh, having a fear or numbers would be horrible. You couldn't drive or anything.

hah new.slang i like that one too!

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!