Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I mean liek I understand everyoen this website is scared of v*, but then how come people ont his website post topics where they say they v*..i feel liek im alone because i feel like everyone isnt as scared as me. if i v* i would go crazy & i could never ever evere b w/ sum1 wen their v*.

I know exactly what you mean. If you can v* that easily and not really have a problem with it, then why come to this site in the first place? Please don't take this the wrong way! Trust me, it is very inspirational to see that people can do "it" with ease! But I'm still baffled.

What i've noticed and heard from many people here is that they can sometimes get to a point in dealing with their fear (that's what this site is about, really) where right at the point they can tell themselves to calm down. Or, sometimes they panic right until the end. However, a trend is that right after they think, "oh, that wasn't so bad!" For some this episode helps and for others they go back to their emet ways. But, ultimately these people needed help just like us. Maybe one day we'll get to that point, be able to face our fears and do it withe ease, but for now the people are just showing us that we CAN do it, it's not impossible.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by chally
    I know exactly what you mean. If you can v* that easily and not really have a problem with it, then why come to this site in the first place? Please don't take this the wrong way! Trust me, it is very inspirational to see that people can do "it" with ease! But I'm still baffled.

Obviously they wouldn't be here in the first place if they didn't have some kind of problem with v*. I think you're forgetting that everyone is at different stages with their phobia, and that there are different kinds of emets- some areafraid of themselves doing it, and some are afraid of seeing others do it. Some are a mixture of both. Most people here do not find v*ing easy- it's just that when they do v*, they realise they'd been building it up to be worse than it really is. I don't think it's fair to question why people who find v*ing easy are here, even if you don't mean to be rude.Everyone's fear is different, and you should respect that.

Hi there!

I think everyone on these forums is suffering in one way or another, and it's also to varying degrees. Some fear v*ing more than others do, some just fear others doing it or only themselves doing it. I think that they post messages about how they v*ed and handled it to let us all know that it was all okay, and they're okay. To let us all know that it really isn't the end of the world and there are worse things than v*ing.
    No one here is alone in this awful phobia, and just because some can handle v*ing doesn't mean we all are okay with it. I myself would rather die than v*--I don't even remember the last time I did it. I don't think for one moment if it happened to me I'd be fine. I am utterly terrified of myself doing it and also others around me.
    It is, however, inspiring to hear other emets share how they v*ed and they survived and they lived to tell about it. When they say it really wasn't that bad it makes me think (if only for a moment!) that maybe I'd be okay too. It gives me hope when I feel completely hopeless.
    So please know that you are not alone at all!! I'm right there with you!
    Take care!

This doesn't belong in the text games forum. Can one of the moderators please move it?
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.