Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

I am feeling really down at the moment. My emet is really bad. Every day I feel ill if I ever have a day where I don't have stomach ache and feel sick then I am dizzy or have a headache. I am tired of every day having to bea struggle, I don't want to be like this anymore. I don't want to take tablets as my sister once took anti-depressants and now she is on them for life. I don't want to rely on tablets I want to get over this. I have even today thought of flying back to England to try and get some treatment because I am frightened to go here. I feel like I should be able to get rid of this stupid phobia on my own, because that's what it is stupid. My husband says I am ruining my life over something so small (he is right!), he says it is very rare that you are sick and that it is not worth getting in a state about and I know he is right but I just can't stop myself. He has persuaded me to take some Kalms just to take the edge off it.

Please give me some advice as I'm really struggling today and you are all so wise about this stuff!!!

oh, i feel terrible for you! you are filled with so much stress, and you just can't get away from it! maybe going someplace fun will help you. just try to relax, and if it gets any worse, talk to your doctor. but i'm 99.99999999% sure that you're pefectly andabsolutely fine! just remember that God is always with you no matter what, and He will help you if you ask Him to! ALWAYS have faith in Him!

1.) no this is not stupid, ur going thru emetophobia, its hard, not stupid at all.

2.) its not sucha small thing... its a huge thing that can take over someones whole life

3.) it isNOT easy toget over, and its very unlikely u;d be able to do it urself!!

4.) jsut because u start a course of anti-depressants doesnt mean ur gnna be on them for lfe.

im sorry to hear ur struggling, but do remmebr tht ur not the only one going thru this, everyday all of us struggles thru... bt we get thru it dont we? cause we're strong, hardy and DESERVE to get thru it.

ull get there, but i wud advise getting some help, wherever it comes from!

Jen xxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I know how you feel, i wish this phobia had never been invented lol.

Its completely ruined my life and i dont think ill ever get better. But theres hope out there somewhere i guess.

I feel ill every single day too, so although its not nice im relieved that other people are going through the same things as me. Try not to get to depressed. Kalms are good they do help lift your mood and maybe they will help you cope a bit better.

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

Thanks guys,

Sometimes I wish I was sick just to get it out of my system. Does that sound stupid?

Thing is as well is, now I've moved to Greece I don't work and my kids are 7 and 4 so don't really need that much looking after so I have a LOTof time to sit in a heap and think about how ill I'm feeling!!!!

Don't worry, its not stupid, it's emet. I agree with what previous posters have said.

Don't worry, its your mind, not your physical body.

Try to remember this and know that we are here for you!

Take care *hugz*

can u pick up a new hobby that u;d be comfortable doing?? keep urself busy sumtime, to lessen the amount of time u sit and think..

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It must be really hard for u being in greece when your family sounds like they are back in england,well except your husband and kids but to not have the english doctors to speak to must be hard....explaining this problem is difficult enough without being in a foriegn country.....I do feel for u....I always said that i didn't want to take anti-depressents and that was for 3yrs but 5mths ago i found a new one that didn't have the side effect of vomiting and nausea ,i thought i'd take it....I was at my wits ends,tried everything else but nothing seemed to work....I was agrophobic and had been for 2 1/2 yrs but now i've been taking these tablets and as for example i went to my parents today and took my niece to the park and played football and even went to the kids area,i would have never been able to do that before,i couldn't even get out the front door.And on a daily basis i would be in a constant pannic attack,but now i just have mild aniexty....touch wood i haven't even had a pannic attack for a good 4mths....So even thou we don't want to rely on tablets sometimes we just need a push in the right direction...I'm not saying tablets are for everyone but for me i was at my wits ends and i wouldn't have it any other way......It's a shame that u can't find an english speaking doctor over there,or like u say just come back to england to speak to your old doctor just to get some new tablets.....I don't know it's very difficult,my heart goes out to u,as i know what it's like to not have your family around and thats whenthey arestill in the same country.....I've gone for months without seeing my family and they only live 5mins up the road.....If u ever want a chat give us a shout on [email protected]

take care vicky xxx

This is how I felt right before I went over the edge and faced this thing head on, I was at the bottom, and I was torn, I just couldn't take it anymore, I was so upset, depressed, and my emet was going haywire, at that moment is when I stepped up, alot of people on here know me, and know what I have went through since May when I faced it head on. It was so hard to get myself angry instead of afraid, to go in to the bathroom, and tell myself get this over with. I have done a great deal in the last few months up and to the big moment itself.

Just dont' give up sweetie, I am pulling for you, and I believe that if I can step up and fight back, we all can. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Thanks everyone,

I'm feeling a lot calmer today, I'm trying to keep myself busy and my husband has the day off today so he is here with me which helps. Next week he is on days so I am better then because for some reason I am always bad at night, from about 6pm in the evening onwards!!! It's got that bad that when I say I don't feel well, my husband says "oh is it 6 o'clock already", maybe 6 pm has some significant meaning in my childhood!!

Sarah