Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey there

I have had a horrible weekend with anxiety, the result of which meant I didn't get to work yesterday and had the day off since I was up most of the night panicking. I have just been so nauseated and feeling so off. I'm back at work today but feel like I need a lot of help getting through today. I don't know whats causing me to feel so off colour but I'm having a hard time fighting it. I don't want to give in b/c I don't know when I would get out of this again. Please help me.

xxxxxxxx
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Hey hippychick help is here lol!

You have taken the first step by going into work which was obviously tough. I would just try and stay as busy as possible to keep your mind off things. When i feel like i can't stay somewhere i kind of set myself time limits, like i say i will stay till 2o'clock and then when 2 comes round i increase it a little to 2.30 etc. This seems to help because i have usually calmed down by my designated time anyway! Be strong, you can do this! xx
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hiya, Hippychick. Sorry you are feeling not so good.

Is there anyting specific that is generating all the anxiety? Anything that can be dealtwith directly?Or is it just general anxiety?

For general anxiety, I've found it helpful to involve myself in some activity that is detail oriented to force me to focus and to come back down. For me, anxiety sends me into a cloud of disassociation where nothing is real and if I make myself focus on some task that is detailed and moderately important, I can force myself back into a more stable reality.

As for the n*, you know that it is anxiety related and that it will pass as soon as you get the anxiety under control.

I really hope you feel better soon. I know it's awful feeling like poo and not being able to make the feeling change, but youcan do it. You are one of the strongest members of this forum, always with words of calming wisdom for those of us (like me) who are freaking out no less than 6 times a day. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hey there,

Thanks for the advice so far. I think it doesn't help I am doing a 12 hour day so I don't fnish for another 8 hours yet. So far I've just been trying to focus in on my work and not on anything else. I work in a call centre so I'm always kept busy and it's hard today as my boss is listening in to calls.

I think what started it all was nausea due to getting my period on sunday and I've just not brought it back under control since then. it seems to get worse and worse.

Missminty, I'm a big fan of breaking the day down and cross off my lil blocks, it's how i survived at my old job. it's just harder here. all I try to do is get through to my next break which is in 2 hours.

thanks for the nice words marieb. sometimes I don't feel so strong. I really want to do this because I can't afford to go home anyway as my contract is only til the end of this month and i need the money. Also I don't want to always be running away.

I've been in this job 6 months and only had 2 sick days which I'm so so proud of. But it's been a struggle.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Hey hippychick, you are doing great!!

You are still there and that is what counts! Try not to be so hard on yourself, everyone has hard times but instead of shutting yourself away you are out there facing your fear. Just concentrate on keeping calm, maybe sip some water or suck some mints? 2 sick days in 6 months is amazing, you are right to be proud! Keep strong,

katy x
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank You. Well I made it through the first 6 hours of the day. I'm on my lunch right now and I go back at 3pm. Then I work til 5:30 I'm off til 5:50 and then back on til 8 so it's broken up. I was hungry so I ate a lil vegetable soup but I'm paranoid that I read the thing wrong and that it's chicken soup (B/c it's creamy) and not vegetable. My OCD is acting up too i guess.

I feel a bit sick but I'm hoping I make it through. I know if I can just get through today I have tomorrow off.

Yesterday was the first day I called in sick, the other day I took off I made the effort to come in before realising I couldn't do it that day. So I'm doing wayyyy better than i ever did before,

xxxxx

Edited: Just to clarify, the day I came in and went home it was just anxiety and I was not ill. I just couldn't cope that day. Just before I get told off for coming to work sick [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]Edited by: hippychick

Hey Louise,

I hope you're doing okay now - I just got up this morning here in Western Canada, so it should be close to the end of your day.

Take care!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Hey Louise you made it!!

Ugh I know how hard it is when you feel trapped at work and you dont feel good. I find it helps me to try and throw myself into doing something to occupy my hands and mind.

Hey,

Hope your feeling better now?

Just to let you know im around here and on msn if you need me!!

xx

Hey there, just going onto my last break right now. Finding it hard today because I am under a lot of pressure to sell stuff today and it's making me feel sick. I've made it throughnearly 10hrs with another 2 to go. Still struggling, and the last bit of time can be hard.

Hey Louise, probably by now you made it through the day. 12 hours is a long time. Do you work 4 days a week (with the 12 hours per day)? How did the rest of the day go?

Hey there, it's not so bad working 12 hours,. it just means I work 3 days. Mon/Tues/Thurs and that's my 36hrs for the week. I'm at work again today. Boo!

I think I've been more anxious lately because at the end of this month my contract ends and I have to get a new job and any change does scare me. I keep thinking I should o overtime to get some more money but to be honest when everyday is hard, I can't imagine reducing my time off to work more ya know?

I just hope I get something else soon.

xxxxxxxxx

P.s thank you all for helping me through, it was really good to log in on my breaks and see all the messages,

I can't imagine 12 hour days. I'm working 10 hour days right now and by the time I take my daughter to my mom's house, work my 10 hours, go pick her up and go home I feel like I just get up, leave, go home and go back to sleep. It's really hard. I can't even imagine adding another 2 hours to that!

To be honest it's hardest on a Monday night. I get home at 9, have to be in bed by 11 and then up again at 6am to do another 12 hours the next day. I feel like in those 2 days I get no break. But I can't complain because I do get weds off and then a 3 days weekend.

But yeah it's hard going and the last 2 hours definately draaaaaaaaaag haha

Wow Louise 12 hour days is a long time, but in a way it could be nice because instead of working 5 days a week you only have to work 3, so you get 4 whole days to yourself. Still tho thats a real long day to put it.