Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi there!

Well, I think some of you know that this past weekend when I was out with my son I had a horrible experience that involved a girl v*ing on my shoes. I had such a crazy reaction to it (panic attack, storming out of there, etc.) and my 9-year-old son witnessed the whole thing and was a bit shaken up, so I felt it was time to finally explain about my fear of v*ing. I had asked you all this question before about what I should say, so I took your advice and explained it in easy terms why I freaked out at the pumpkin place and he was absolutely amazing about it!!! He knows I have a dreadful fear of spiders, so I explained it that way. He told me he knew I was afraid because he saw that the last time he v*ed in December he noticed "my hands were shaking" and said that when he got scared, his did too so he knew I was afraid of it. He said he's not afraid of it, but it's just "yucky", so that makes me feel better knowing I haven't yet passed this awful phobia on to him. He also said that if he v*ed again he was "older now" and could make it to the bathroom and so forth so I don't have to see it, and the only thing he would need from me is to stay in the house so he knows I'm there. While we were watching the movie "The Benchwarmers" last night he even warned me there was a v" scene in it and to look away, that he would "be my eyes" and tell me when it's over. Oh, I don't even deserve him--he's so amazing!!!
    I feel soo much better after talking to him!! Like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders!! I just wish I did this before....
    Again, thanks for all the wonderful advice you all give on here--I don't know what I'd do without you all!
    Take care!!!

Your so is so sweet. he is going to grow up to be such a gentlemen! You
    did a really good job with him, Im glad you told him, it will take that
    stress off of you. YAY
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PS when I have kids I hope they react just the same as yours!
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've been worried about my kids. My girls are to young to understand but my son is 8. He is actually home from school today feeling n*.

I've been really worried lately about scaring my kids with how I react when they're sick. I try to stay calm but it's really hard and I know they can tell that I'm panicking.

I know this probably sounds horrible but when my son was 2 he threw up and I bolted. I ran like hell. I told a family member he threw up and I took off. I ran so fast I didn't even SEE the V*. I heard it and ran. That can't be a good thing to leave etched in his memory.

Jill

Also, CHristianne (I hope I spelled it right)
    Your son sounds like such a sweetheart! What a great kid you have there!

Awww your son is just the sweetest!!! He will indeed grow up to me a gentlemen!

Im proud of you for telling him and he sounds like a little sweetheart , which im sure he is. You go girl !

Oh, you all are so sweet and wonderful!!! Thank you for all the lovely replies--it really made my day!
    Jill.....the first time my son v*ed I reacted exactly the same way you did. He was almost 2, and I had been rocking him in a chair when all of sudden he started acting funny. Somehow I just knew he was going to v*. What I did (and I still feel horrible about this) is put him down on the floor and RUN. As I was leaving I saw him v* and start crying. I was at my mom's house at the time and I ran and told her what had just happened and she went in to get him while I shook and cowered in the kitchen. Oh, I still feel so ashamed about that, but luckily he was too young to remember. Thankfully my mom is really awesome with helping me when he's ill, and I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to have her.
    Being an emet mom has its difficult days, but there are many, many more days that are truly wonderful.
    I think kids understand more than we think, and hopefully you have a family support system in place to help you through the toughest moments. Maybe you could try to explain it to your son, just so he knows how it affects you and that your reactions are because of a true fear. I'm sure he doesn't remember what happened when he was little. After all, I did the exact same thing to my son at that age and he turned out wonderful!
    Hope your son feels better and take care!!