Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

I am feeling rubbish and it's my own stupid fault. I didnt take the penicillin the doctor prescribed me a week ago and now i have this awful cough which makes me feel sick and gag. I'm taking the penicillin now and im really worried about it but it's better than feeling like this I feel so miserable i thought i'd do a little feeling sorry for myself post. Hows everyone elses day been? x x x
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi there!!

I'm so sorry you're feeling so awful--colds have a lovely way of lingering on and on.
    It's a good thing you're taking the penicillin--just remember that usually after 24 hours or so of starting an antibiotic you'll start to feel better. In the meantime, just take it easy on yourself and rest up. As for the cough, drink plenty of hot liquids and try to stay away from anything with milk in it (it tends to make congestion worse). Cough drops are good, and so are the ones for throat irritation (I think they're called Halls Breezes or something). Those get rid of that annoying, gagging tickle in your throat that leads to the never-ending cough.
    Don't worry about the antibiotic either--I've taken just about every single one out there (I get strep throat ALOT) and never had any problems. Just remember to take the entire course of it, even if you feel much better. I didn't finish my medicine once when I had strep because I thought I was cured, and it came back 10 times worse.
    Keep your head up and take care--you'll feel better before you know it!!

I hope you feel better soon, and try real hard to stay on your medication now....it will kill the infection making you cough...i know you must feel poorly, but you need the meds....i hope you will get well soon...Hugs
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Sorry you're not feeling well. I am sure the penicillin will help. I am taking penicillin at the moment and it has not caused any nasty side effects. I am sure it will help you feel better. I hope you feel better soon.

Im taking amoxicilian so I know just want you mean...but it has
    helped...but but having a cold or strep or whatever makes me nervous
    that i have a weaker immune system to fight off the othre scary
    germs....so i took it asap to get back to normal Feel better hon :0
    I love Sam

Hey everyone thanks for your kindreplies. My cough seems to have calmed a little but i have pulled all the muscles in my stomach and they are so sosore! Had 2 penicillin last night and another 2 this morning and fingers crossed everything seems ok. Moral of the story - always take your meds, you'll just end up gettin sicker!!! x x
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm

I am glad you are feeling better today. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Glad you are feeling better now.....it's true about med....even though it's hard to do it!!!!
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

did everything go well???
    I love Sam