Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So I was picking up my son from preschool, and it was pouring rain, ugly terrible day, THEN I was puting on his raincoat, and gathering his papers in his backpack and then I hear a girl cough, and hurry to the garbage can directly in back of me and she v*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIGHT BEHIND ME! WTF? It was a little girl about 10 yrs old, why didn't her mom keep her at home. They were there picking up a preschooler, but why would the mom send the other kid to school if her sister was sick, obviously she will have it too. Anyhow, it freaked me out a little I grabbed my son and left. I was thinking about how if she coughed and little drops of anything flew out of he mouth and landed on us. Oh I hope not.
    I know it's sv season, but I really really wish I didn't live in a city of about 3 million people!!! I'm ready to move out of here.

-Kim

Poor you. This sounds horrible. Maybe the little girl did not have a sv. Maybe she had a cough which made her v*. I am sorry this happened to you. I hope you are o.k.

Uh I dont understand why people take and put their kids anywhere but
    home when they are sick...even with a cold, they need rest to get
    better..dont people remember that?? Bed rest is what helps, but parents
    dont seem to have time for that any more or something. I hope you and
    your son are okay. Im sure you will be, cuz as an emet I know you didnt
    breath in, and you got home and showered you son and yourself and
    washed the clothes and you should be fine.
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hello there!!

I agree with curly wurly---young children do sometimes v* when they have a bad cough. I remember my son had pneumonia once when he was smaller and everytime he coughed other "stuff" followed, if you get my meaning. Also, sometimes when they have a cold and are very congested there smaller tummies can't handle it very well.
    But I do know how awful it is to worry about that--I dread this season every year. There has been times, however, that most of the children in my son's class have been out with a sv and my son never caught it and stayed healthy. That may be in part to the handwashing techniques I've taught him through the years!
    What a horrible thing to experience--I hope you are feeling calmer now!
    Take care!

Just to defend the mom a bit, you never know when or where your little one is going to announce that they aren't feeling well. Last time mine V* she told me she didn't feel well about 20 minutes before she did it, and we were already on our way home, but we didn't make it. Sometimes kids don't tell until they are about to do it. (I know this from teaching). When mine are sick the night before, I always keep them home the next day.

On the positive, I think you will be fine, because you moved quickly and didn't touch the girl or anything you touched.

BandNerd
    BandNerd

Bandnerd

This is true...I just remember taking my nephew to school and like kids
    being sick, and my sister making him go to school even when he told her
    all day that he didnt feel good, and he didnt eat anything which was
    totally not like him...then I had to pick him up and walk him home and
    the whole time he told me he didnt feel good, and i was so freaked
    out...when he got home to my moms house he layed down and still didnt
    eat...thank god my mom called his other grandma and make him go to his
    house, becasue he got sick on the way home. I felt so bad that my
    sister was made him go to school, and i told her in the morning that he
    was sick and should go home. So I agree with you. And my sister is
    stupid.
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.