Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I am leaving!

Hi everyone. I just thought I would say that I am going to try to leave this site for awhile. I am really setting some goals for myself and for this past week I have really been on this site way to much and reading things that actually scare me. I find this week I don't want to eat to be full, I am completley worried about everything that I ate and I wasn't this bad before. I am not comfortable readin all the things here. It is amazing to know that there are so many people with this same problem but I do believe this site just adds more fears to the little fears. I am so sad this past week because I just feel like I am going overboard with all these new habits I have picked up. All I really no for sure is that I am terrified to vomit but I don't want to get worse I want to get better! I was never worried about catching a stomach virus and luckily I haven't had any serious ones but now i constantly look around to make sure know one is sick and if they are I ask if it is the stomach virus, I was always a little paranoid about chicken but not to extreme lengths and now I refuse to eat it, Left overs are now completley out of the question because I am so worried there contaminated. This was not me before. I have been browsing this site for a few months now but I read one thing about a week back and just scared myself but yet I couldn't stop comming back and checking more stuff out and find more ways to prevent myself from being sick. This is no way to live. I am just going to try a break from here just to see if thats what it is and hopefully I can go on to live a non paranoid life. So I am really hoping this will help along with my other goals and when I reach my recovery goal i will write back and tell you guys ( I am determined to recover and ready to be consistant) . It's all just a matter of realizing how paranoid I am becoming and how much it scares me, I mean this fear is bad enough I don't need any added stress to worry about. Thank you to all of you who have helped me when I was freaking out lol, and I wish you guys all the best, And I hope in time we will all find happiness. Thanks guys! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Good for you! I understand where you are coming from. Good luck!!! It is possible. I have come sooo far so a lot of what is talked about doesn't bother me but I know what you mean. Be strong..you can do it!

Good luck with your road of recovery hopefully u will be coming back to share good news for us!

for me.. this site has helped me, yes i do read alot about spoiled food worries and germs and yadda yadda yadda.. but it doesnt bother me to much cuz as long as i wash my hands i am ok, and i have ate many meats and seafoods in restaruants and in peoples houses and i was ok.. so those posts dont really get to me, i just use my reaussurance of my past experience to keep that person positive. I have also been in many enviroments where most or more than half of thepeople around me had a sv* , and i never caught it.. infact it has NEVER happened.. (well once but that could of been the sushi) but nevermind about that.. i dont really know where i am going here but i just wanted to give others reassurance that your not automatically going to sick from meats or restaraunts or from sv* i havent and i have pretty bad anxiety but i am here, and i have read these stories and just given encouragement and tried not to let it get to me, and it hasnt.

Everyone is in thier different stages as far of severity and everyone is different, i know i have been blabbing as i usually do, but i would really like to see ya around again, when you can give others your advice and encouragement and not let it get to you..

i hope this came out right i am not meaning to offend you at all, just wishing u luck and hoping u can get to that stage of recovery!

hugs to you!
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain