Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Tomorrow im going to a safari park with my parents, we are taking my little sister and my daughter. Im absolutely petrified! It will take about an hour in the car to get there but then you drive through the safari bit which is another hour!

Im so scared that i will get car sick or something. And when we are driving through the safari bit i know that i cant just stop and get out like i can when we are driving anywhere else lol

I really want to go because i want to see my daughter experiencing seeing all the animals for the first time. Why does everything have to be so hard? My parents know about emet and stuff but they think that its all in my head sort of thing. Im sure they think i could snap out of it if i really wanted to? Im just scared and its making me feel sick and im really anxious.

HELP ME!

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

Which one are you going to? I've been to a couple and they are in sections, like one bit for the lions, one for the monkeys etc. So there are breaks.

If you go in the monkey bit don't show them bananas, my husband thought it would be really funny to show them one through the window (BAD IDEA).

Your daughter will really enjoy it so just concentrate on her and you will be fine!!

Sarah

Im going to West Midlands Safari park. Lol i wont be taking any bananas! Im excited about going and im sure i will be ok but i cant help panicking about it (
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

Aww try not to worry, it will be fun, dont' let your anxietyruin this great experience for you! Keep telling yourself that you are going to have fun and your not going to get sick. If you find that you still worry about it, you could always bring an anti nauseant pill with you (such as gravol, etc) with you just in case, as they do prevent motion sickness. The less you think about it, the less you will worry. Good luck and have tons of fun! Let us know how it goes!

aww well i hope u have a GR8 time! try and substitute all ur anxiety,with excitement. bhe strong and say " emet, ur not gnna ruin this day for me" im sure once ur out there seeing the miracilous sights, ull be fine.

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm sure you will be fine - try and relax and enjoy your day out! Like Laura said, take some anti-emetics in case you do start to feel a bit off.

Enjoy your day!Edited by: cwarren
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=BLUE>Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Carolinexx</font></font>

Ive just got back and i had a great time, didnt feel ill once ate and drank fine and everything so im feeling really good at the moment! Was lovely to see my daughter gettin so excited about the animals and by the way giraffes have black tongues and they have saliva like glue yuk lol.

Thanks for the support though xxxxxxxxxxx

Sarah xxx

tho ewww!! black tongues!!! pants &gt;.&lt;

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

dont eat before the trip and buy yourse;f the silver packages
    excel gum
    that sames my life on an everyday basis
    put in a cd that u love and sing along it takes the thought out of
    your head