Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I feel like I've been dodging the sv for the past week or so. It first started last Monday night when I had to go to the hospital and there was someone there who was v*. I heard the doctor say it was gastroenteritis, so who knows if it was contagious or not. Then this Tuesday, a girl came into work and v* while she was there. She left shortly after, but I still worry about being exposed. Then another guy came in Tuesday whose wife was v* Monday and I've been worrying about him getting it and briningit to work or just being a carrier. He was leaning all over my desk yesterday, trying to show me something on the computer and it had me freaked out. THen I came home from work yesterday and my husband wasn't feeling well. He didn't v*, but he had a lot of d* and felt horrible. He thought it was from the junk food he ate at a training class he had for work (frappachino and a bunch of candy on an empty stomach). I wasn't too careful with him because I thought that's what his problem was too.

So this morning I woke up and my stomach felt a little off. All of a sudden I had to go to the bathroom and it was pure d*. THen I tried to keep getting ready for work and felt my stomach not just churning, but liquifying. Then I had d* again. Usually that liquifying feeling is one of my cues that it's more than IBS. Now I am so scared. I'm afraid I picked something up from one of these people (or maybe some place completely different). Lately it's like one "waiting period" after another. I have been stressed lately, but usually that just gives me my typical IBS problems, not this bad. I haven't eaten much because of being scared in the waiting period. I feel horrible! Does it sound like a sv? Does anyone else get the liquifying feeling/sound when it's just stress or IBS ad not always just from sv?

Oh dear...i am sorry you are going through this now...i don't know what to tell you really...i have ibs extremely bad, and especially around my period i get really bad watery explosive d...and normally it lasts only about 2 days...but this last week with my period it lasted the full 7 days...and i mean, everytime i put something in my mouth, it would drop come out like water. I know it's upsetting, but don't assume the worst.I know it's hard not too, but the more you worry the worse it will become. Try taking some pepto to see if that helps at all.....wait it out...try not to eat anything that will upset you further. I hope it will stop soon, and that it's just stress from something else.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Thanks Kate. I used to have iBS that bad, but it pretty much went away when I was pregnant and I have only had a few instances since. Maybe I just don't remember how bad it can be. I am at work now and trying to just sit here and relax. I don't have any more time off left since I took it all with my maternity leave. Hopefully it will turn out to be nothing. I used to get that way with my periods too, but sinceI reallyhaven't had one in over a year, I can't remember what it was like! I'm just waiting for my period to hit me out of no where. I'm not breastfeeding anymore, so there really isn't a good reason why it hasn't started. I guess I'll just wait and see.

I would assume stress and axiety about not wanting to get sick...that
    happened with my ibs when my bf was sick...how are you now??
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

So far so good. I haven't had anymore episodes since I've been at work. Let's hope it stays that way!

Thats good. I hope you feel better soon.
    I love Sam

I am glad you are feeling better now...it really could have been anxiety....i know it happens to me alot....sometimes it's so bad, i think i would rather die than go through all that...but at least it has stopped for now...hope you stay well and calmed down, ok
    Kate

It's back! I woke up at about 4:30 this morning and it hit me again. This time I knew it was just stress/IBS, all that fun stuff. This all started back up again when I went back to work. I felt great while I was on maternity leave with only one or two episodes. Now, I seem to get it every morning I work. Then on the weekends I'm fine again. I think my body doesn't want me to work anymore [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] - I agree with it! I would much rather be home with my little girl.

I agree with you sillygirl, it's the stress of having to go back to work. Is there any way you could work from home a few days a week? That way you could stay home with her and still get work done.
    <a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

I've been working 4 ten hour shifts so I get one extra day at home with her, but I just feel like my 10 hour days leave me no time. I get up at 5:00 to be at work by 6 or 6:30, I don't get off until around 5:00 (depending on how long I take for lunch). Then by the time I pick Kayla up, snd get home, it's about time to give her a bath and feed her then she goes to sleep around 8-8:30. That's when I finally get a chance to try and relax or do something I need to (like pay bills or something) but I just keep looking at the clock thinking I should go to bed because I have to get up early. My four days at work feel like an eternity, and my 3 days off seem to fly by. I really wish I could work 100% from home, but that isn't goingto happen at my current job. I'm thinking of other options right now.

I'm sorry that working from home isn't an option for you, but that's good you are looking at other options. You work in the legal field right?
    <a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

No, I'm in finance. But right now I'd consider anything - I'm even thinking about doing home daycare - an emet's biggest nightmare! But at this point I'd do anything to stay home. Edited by: sillygirl

Did you ever think of being a transcriptionist or a medical biller? Once you get trained, I know you can work from home as long as you have a computer. I hope you do feel better.
    <a href=\"

That is definitely on my list of things to look into. I think I'd have to take like a 4 or 6 month training course, but it would probably be worth it.

Sillygirl, i do hope this passes soon. Ibs can be so bad at times...have you seen a gastro doc about this...there are alot of new meds out there now that can be prescribed for it...i know i've been just taking otc things, and they help some, but there has got to be something out there to do better. It's so frustrating to go through this every day...for me anyway. I hope that things calm down for you soon, and the job gets better..Hope baby is doing well too Take care...
    Kate