Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: please read!!

I went to the nurse's office in my school today to get ice for my ankle. It took so long for me to be brave enough to go in there. I tried not to breathe so I wouldnt catch any germs.lol I'm really scared because the pencil I used to sign into the nurse's office, was used 2 seconds before i used it by a irl with a fever and stomach virus. i touched it right after her. do you think im gonna get the sv??

As long as you did not touch any part of your face you should be fine...just make sure you washed your hands good. I think you'll be fine.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

i washed my handa after..i dont think i toched my face. i hope i didnt.

LikeKate said, as long as you didn't touch your face, mouth, nose, eyes,etc. Did you know this right away, or did you find out later after you may have been off-guard?

Did you wash your hands afterwards with soap and water?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

i found out after i used the pen. the nurse asked her what was wrong. & she sed she had a sv. now im really scared that i touched my face before washing me hands. i know i washed my hands after, but im not sure if i touche dmy face.=/

I wouldnt worry about it too much.

There have been countless times where i have touched something that someone with a sv has touched at work, and its gone through my work about 2 times in the past year. I am sure prolly did touch my face but obviously what i touched didnt have the bodily fluid on it cuz i didnt get it, i did wash my hands alot but thats about it.

Try not to worry so much about it cuz then you will stress yourelf so your immune system gets weaker and more successable to germs. Try not to over analyze things it will MAKE you sick. Its all a head game.

I thought i felt sick after i ate a burger that was pink inside but then i talked myself out of it and i was just fine.

i am sure you will be ok
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

Your "emet-defense" was probably automatically on guard, so you probably didn't touch your face at all, since it was already on your mind that you hesitated going in there in the first place. That being said, you probably guarded yourself and just don't realize it. You'll probably be fine.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

thank you all. youve made me feel much better=)