Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: bottled water

Okay, my husband bought me a case of bottled water today. I ended up drinking one before I realized that all of the bottles are crooked. There is something wrong with every single one of them. My question is: Is this okay? Are they safe to drink? And what do you think caused this in the first place?

I'd appreciate any input on this one. I know it's a silly question, but I can't stop worrying about it.

If they are plastic, and the caps are still sealed, I don't think you are in any danger. It would be weird that every single bottle is crooked though- maybe it was dropped.

I know that when bottles are re-used, and become a bit 'crinkly', your backwash canmake bacteriagrow in thescratches/cracks on theinside of the bottle. But, if these bottles are new and sealed, I don't see how they can be anythingother than safe.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks, Amber. The bottles are plastic and all of thecaps are intact. Hopefully, the water is safe and it's just the bottles that are retarded. Also, I had the water at about 6:30-ish and it's now a little after midnight. Do you think I would have already felt the effects if something was wrong with it?

lol- retarded bottles.

If there was anything bad in them, you probably would have felt it by now- and if the caps were intact, what's inside was likely not affected by the shape of the bottle. I have ended up with some pretty 'retarded' looking water bottles myself (let's just say when you creatively pack groceries into a small sedan things get a 'lil squishy), and it has never made me sick.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can't get poisoned from water anyway, no matter what was wrong with the bottles.

On a similar note, it is a myth that bottled water is safer than tap water - tap water is way more regulated than bottled....and lots of bottled water such as Dasani is only tap water anyway...sold at10,000X profit (what a racket, eh?) We're all being duped, and meanwhile, water companies are pushing to make this God-given gift to all humans something to be privately owned, bought and sold...increasing privatization in the 3rd world is leading to greater exploitation of people for profit than ever before.

Most Christian churches are currently subscribing to campaigns to seek justice around these water issues - our national church is heavily involved in putting pressure on governments, educating people, even boycotting bottled water.

We live in a highly industrialized society - Western world - it's not like we're in the Congo or something. Our water is very very safe. It will only take one news story of someone getting e-coli or something from bottled water for the whole bottom to drop out of the industry.

One youth campaign I found particularly amusing was the promotion and sale of bottled air...it makes about the same sense.

Here's a link for more info http://www.commondreams.org/headlines06/0205-01.htm orhttp://cupe.ca/campaigns/5_Water_bottling_for

Sorry for the rant...I'm sort of into this in my "other life" - ha ha. Anyway, I'm sure that a damaged bottle won't make a hair of difference to whether or not you get sick from a bottle of water! So don't worry...Edited by: sage
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Sage those are really interesting articles. I never knew that, sheesh thats awful.

Thats so sad that those people in India are having their water taken from them by drink companies that most likely our nations are going to be consuming. Thats real sad. Probably some of the worst tap water here is like really good condition to them over there.

It makes me think too that if that is going on with water, how many more things is it going on with as well?? Argh.

I live in an apartment in the country, and we have terrible well water. I don't know what I would do without bottled water. It's a necessity for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by halfoverthefur
    I live in an apartment in the country, and we have terrible well water. I don't know what I would do without bottled water. It's a necessity for some people.
    We also cant drink our faucet water, they have these water reports that come out every so often and we dont dare drink it, we get water at my dads thankfully.

Since we're talking social justice (ha ha - sorry to hijack this thread)...Sunday was a day set by the UN to try to break the world record of the number of people who "stood up against poverty" at one time. Record was 250,000. Everyone at our church stood up at one point, and the pledge was read, and apparently in NYC for the first time in history the big ball dropped on a day other than New Year's Eve. In total, world-wide, 11 MILLION people stood up against poverty. It ws really cool.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.